Sports stats

Top Alternative/Minor League Sports News

Caitlin Clark Named WNBA Rookie of the Month for September

WNBA Indiana Fever INDIANAPOLIS - For the fourth time this regular season, Indiana Fever rookie guard Caitlin Clark has earned WNBA Rookie of the Month honors for the month of September. Clark previously received this recognition in May, July and August and is the seventh player in league history to have been recognized as Rookie of the Month four times. Clark is also a 3-time WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week. In September, Clark averaged 22.5 points, 9.1 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game. Clark led t... Full Story

More stories below

Sparks Guard Layshia Clarendon Announces Retirement

WNBA Los Angeles Sparks LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Sparks guard Layshia Clarendon has announced their retirement from the WNBA following the 2024 season. Clarendon (she/he/they) was a 2017 WNBA All-Star and has played in 284 games over 12 seasons with six teams, averaging 7.6 points, 2.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists. "It's bittersweet to reach this time in my life and career. Coming home to LA and spending my final seasons with the Sparks was deeply meaningful, said Clarendon. I wasn't sure if I would ever make it back to California to play. And I did, which meant the world to me and my family. I want to thank everyone... Full Story

Riders Even South Division Series in All-Time Classic 4-3 Win

TL Frisco RoughRiders FRISCO, Texas - The Frisco RoughRiders defeated the Midland RockHounds 4-3 in 11 innings on Thursday evening from Riders Field. Frisco (84-54) and Midland (84-54) went scoreless through the first three innings before Cody Freeman pushed the RoughRiders ahead with a solo homer to left field against Jack Perkins in the home half of the fourth inning. Kohl Drake was dominant, holding the RockHounds scoreless while allowing just two hits and a walk with six punchouts across his 5.0 innings of work. In the top of the sixth inning, Bryan Magdaleno emerged from the Riders bullpen. The lefty ... Full Story

Travs Ride Massive Fifth Inning to Force Decisive Game

TL Arkansas Travelers Springfield, MO - An eight-run fifth inning paved the way for the Arkansas Travelers to force a winner take all game for the Texas League North Division Championship as they defeated the Springfield Cardinals, 9-6 on Thursday night. The Travs sent 13 batters to the plate in the pivotal inning with Alberto Rodriguez (2 hits, 3 RBI) and Jake Anchia (2 hits, 2 RBI) each collecting multiple hits and multiple RBI in the frame. They built a seven-run lead that stood up to the end although the Cardinals did bring the tying run to the plate with two out in the ninth. Moments That Mattered * Afte... Full Story

Team and League News

Latest Minor League Headlines

Recent OSC Originals

Featured Photo

Jaxon Kehrig of the Kelowna Rockets
Jaxon Kehrig of the Kelowna Rockets (Steve Dunsmoor)

See All Today's Images

Most Popular Teams on OSC

The following minor league and alternative professional sports teams on OurSports Central have been viewed the most over the last seven days:
  1. Colorado Rapids - Major League Soccer (MLS)
  2. Corpus Christi Hooks - Texas League (TL)
  3. Minnesota Lynx - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
  4. Edmonton Elks - Canadian Football League (CFL)
  5. Fresno Grizzlies - California League (CalL)
  6. Edmonton Oil Kings - Western Hockey League (WHL)
  7. Charlotte FC - Major League Soccer (MLS)
  8. South Bend Cubs - Midwest League (MWL)
  9. Saskatchewan Roughriders - Canadian Football League (CFL)
  10. Columbia Fireflies - Carolina League (CarL)

Top News of the Week

1. Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report
  2. Last Week around the Leagues
  3. New York Sirens Announce Prudential Center as Primary Venue for 2024-25 Season
  4. Frontier League Adds Down East Bird Dawgs In Latest Expansion
  5. United Football League Returns March 28
  6. 2024 Grey Cup Festival Unveils Live Entertainment Coming to Vancouver this November, Official Tagline, and Six New Partners
  7. Courage Battle Surging Bay FC to 1-1 Draw
  8. Portland, Oregon Awarded WNBA's 15th Franchise
  9. Rockford Rivets Announce Chase Brewster as New Manager for 2025 Season
  10. Cougars to Face Winnipeg Goldeyes in Miles Wolff Cup Final

Newest Teams on OSC

The most recent minor league and alternative professional sports teams added to OurSports Central:

Minor Leagues on OSC

OurSports Central provides coverage of select alternative and minor league professional sports leagues in addition to the top junior hockey leagues and college wood bat baseball leagues:

BASEBALL
Affiliated Minor League Baseball
AzCL, AzFL, CalL, CarL, EL, FLCL, FSL, IL, ML, MLBDL, MWL, NWL, PCL, SAL, SL, TL
College Wood Bat Baseball
ApL, Northwoods
Independent Minor League Baseball
AA, AtL, FL, Pecos, PL

BASKETBALL
Men's Minor League Basketball
BIG3, CEBL, G League
Women's Basketball
WNBA

FOOTBALL
Indoor/Arena Football
AF1, IFL, NAL, TAL