Dal Colle, Aho Selected to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The American Hockey League announced today that forward Michael Dal Colle and defenseman Sebastian Aho have been selected to represent the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield. The two-day event will take place Jan. 27-28, 2019 in Springfield, Mass.
Dal Colle, 22, was recalled by the New York Islanders for a second time this season last Saturday and continues to skate with the NHL club. In the AHL, Dal Colle leads Bridgeport in goals (16) and points (28) in 28 games this season, including five goals, a hat trick, and an overtime winner from Dec. 9 through Dec. 16, which earned him CCM/AHL Player of the Week honors for the first time in his career. Dal Colle has 10 points (seven goals, three assists) in his last seven AHL contests.
Dal Colle also recorded a team-best nine multi-point performances and was tied for fifth in the AHL's goal-scoring race prior to his call-up last weekend. He has one assist in four games with the Islanders this season - his first NHL point coming in a 4-0 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Last season, Dal Colle collected 24 points (seven goals, 17 assists) in 60 AHL games and earned his first NHL recall in January, playing four games with the Islanders, including his NHL debut in the club's 7-2 win over the New York Rangers on Jan. 13. The Woodbridge, Ont. ranked fifth on the Sound Tigers in scoring as a rookie in 2016-17, producing 41 points (15 goals, 26 assists) in 75 games. He made his pro debut on Apr. 15, 2016 against the Portland Pirates and scored his first pro goal in just his sixth game on Oct. 21, 2016 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Prior to turning pro, Dal Colle played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Oshawa Generals and Kingston Frontenacs from 2012-16. He earned 316 points (131 goals, 185 assists) and a plus-76 rating in 246 career games, and helped Oshawa win the 2015 Memorial Cup Championship while playing with Islanders prospect Mitch Vande Sompel. The 6'3, 198-pound forward was also named to the 2015 CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team in 2014-15 and was selected as an OHL All-Star three times.
Dal Colle was selected by the Islanders in the first round (#5 overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft.
Aho, 22, becomes the first Sound Tiger since Ryan Pulock (2015, 2016) to earn back-to-back selections to the All-Star Classic. He is one of the top offensive defensemen in the AHL for the second straight year and currently ranks fifth among all league blue-liners with 24 points (three goals, 21 assists) in 33 games. His 21 helpers are the most on Bridgeport's roster and is also tied for second among AHL defensemen.
Last season, Aho led all Bridgeport defensemen with nine goals and added 20 assists for 29 points in 40 games. He also skated in 22 NHL games with the Islanders and collected four points (one goal, three assists), including his first NHL goal on Jan. 8, 2018 against the New Jersey Devils.
A native of Umeå, Sweden, Aho agreed to a three-year entry-level deal with the Islanders on July 5, 2017 after he was selected by the club in the fifth round (#139 overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft. He spent parts of the last four seasons with Skellefteå AIK in the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) and posted career highs in goals (10), assists (20), points (30) and games played (50) with the team last season. He added two assists in seven playoff games, and helped Skellefteå capture 2017 SHL silver medal honors.
In 152 career SHL games, Aho registered 15 goals, 45 assists and 60 points during the regular season and also skated in 49 career playoff games, helping Skellefteå win the SHL championship in 2013-14.
The 5'10, 170-pound defenseman also skated with Team Sweden in the World Junior Championships from 2012-15.
Next Home Game: The Sound Tigers return to Webster Bank Arena on Saturday, Jan. 12 for Military Appreciation Night against the Hartford Wolf Pack, presented by the Better Business Bureau Serving Connecticut. The first 2,000 fans will receive a camouflage hat when doors open at 6 p.m. and fans are encouraged to look into a $25 ticket package (tickets at the box office are regularly $31 in this seating area) that includes a ticket to the game and a military themed Sound Tigers t-shirt! A portion of this ticket package will also be donated to the BBB Foundation to support scholarships for children of military members from Connecticut.
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Mar. 17), Military Appreciation (Jan. 12), Star Wars Night (Jan. 19) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will also be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2019
- San Diego Gulls Acquire Jared Thomas from San Antonio - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Acquire McGinn, Lose Oligny - Chicago Wolves
- Oligny Reassigned, McGinn Traded to Chicago - Manitoba Moose
- Anaheim Ducks Trade Jared Coreau to St. Louis - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Host Zooperstars and Pet Bowl Giveaway this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Francouz, Agozzino Named to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Colorado Eagles
- Campbell, Delia Named to AHL All-Star Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Erik Condra, Reassign Tony Calderone - Texas Stars
- Moore and RosÃ©n Named to the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic - Toronto Marlies
- John Gilmour Headed Back to AHL All-Star Classic - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Elliott Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Batherson Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Belleville Senators
- Wade Megan Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs Recall Defensemen Manning, McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Denis Gurianov Selected to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Texas Stars
- Appleton Named to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Alex Belzile to Represent the Rocket at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Laval Rocket
- Kaapo Kahkonen, Cal O'Reilly Join Head Coach Tim Army on Central Division All-Star Team - Iowa Wild
- Cory Conacher and Connor Ingram Named 2019 AHL All-Stars - Syracuse Crunch
- Chris Terry Selected for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Fitzgerald Selected for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Providence Bruins
- Greg Carey Named to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Middleton, Perron and Korenar Named to the AHL All-Star Classic - San Jose Barracuda
- Rempal, Walker Selected to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Ontario Reign
- Vitek Vanecek Named to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Hershey Bears
- Capobianco, Garland Selected as Roadrunners 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Representatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blackwood, Quenneville Selected to AHL All-Star Classic - Binghamton Devils
- Zac Dalpe to Represent Monsters, North Division at 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic Presented by MGM Springfield - Cleveland Monsters
- Pirri, Carr, Brannstrom Named AHL All-Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Trevor Carrick, Janne Kuokkanen Named AHL All Stars - Charlotte Checkers
- Donovan Selected for AHL All Star Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Curtis Lazar Named to 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic Presented by MGM Springfield - Stockton Heat
- Condors Gambardella Selected to 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Dal Colle, Aho Selected to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jordan Kyrou Selected to AHL All-Star Classic - San Antonio Rampage
- Troy Terry Named to 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic - San Diego Gulls
- Lawrence Pilut, Zach Redmond Named to American Hockey League All-Star Roster - Rochester Americans
- Penguins' Ethan Prow Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Reid Boucher Selected for AHL All-Star Classic - Utica Comets
- Playing Rosters Unveiled for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Borgstrom, Montembeault to Represent T-Birds at 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic Presented by MGM Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Coyotes Recall Dauphin from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Wrap Successful Season of Giving - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch Assign Olivier Archambault to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Monsters Recall Defenseman Justin Wade from ECHL's Florida Everblades - Cleveland Monsters
- T-Birds Sign F Tomas Jurco to One-Year AHL Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Bears Re-Assign Grant Besse to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Belleville Senators Support Mental Health During Bell Let's Talk Game Night - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Begin New Year with Trip to Pennsylvania - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Offensive Struggles Continue as Ads Edge Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Rocket Special Teams Shine in 4-2 Victory over Senators - Laval Rocket
- Blandisi's Late Goal Gives Gulls Win over Bakersfield - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Drop 2-1 Decision to San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Franchise Records Matched in Win over Moose - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Score Late, Top Sound Tigers in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Extends Win Streak to Four Games with 3-1 Victory against Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Moose Stumble at San Antonio - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Coreau makes season-high 43 saves in tough win on the road
- Sound Tigers Hungry for Points against Bruins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15
- Koivula's first hat trick vaults Bridgeport to a season-high six goals in win
- Lorito and Bourque each score during first game of Military Appreciation Weekend