Trenin, Salomaki Recalled, Carr Assigned to Ads
Milwaukee, WI - Predators President of Hockey Operations/GM David Poile announced today that the team has assigned forward Daniel Carr to Milwaukee and recalled forwards Miikka Salomaki and Yakov Trenin from the Admirals.
This is the first career recall for Trenin, who leads the Admirals in points with five (4g-1a) and recorded back-to-back two-point outings on Oct. 11 at Grand Rapids (1g-1a) and Oct. 12 vs. Laval (2g). He is the first Admiral in 15 years to score a goal in the team's first three games and last year he set career highs in games played (74), goals (14), assists (19) and points (33) with Milwaukee. Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-3, 215-pound center played three seasons for the QMJHL's Gatineau Olympiques, where he tallied 195 points (74g-121a) in 169 games. Internationally, the Chelyabinsk, Russia, native represented his country at the 2017 World Junior Championship and logged four points (2g-2a) in seven contests.
Salomaki has a goal and an assist in three games with Milwaukee to begin the 2019-20 campaign. The 5-foot-11, 203-pound right wing is a veteran of 162 NHL games - all with the Predators - after being drafted in the second round (52nd overall) by Nashville in the 2011 NHL Draft. Salomaki posted seven points (3g-4a) in 37 games with the Preds last season and added an assist in two Stanley Cup Playoff contests. The Raahe, Finland, native's 364 hits since the beginning of the 2015-16 season rank fourth among Preds skaters in that time span.
Carr, who is the reigning AHL Most Valuable Player, has skated in three games this season with the Predators. Last season with the Wolves, he recorded 71 points (30g-41a), tied for the third-most in the league, even though he skated in just 52 games. He was also fourth among AHL skaters in plus-minus (+35) and tied for eighth in goals (30); both marks established career highs.
The Admirals host the Colorado Eagles tonight at 6 pm at Panther Arena in the first Pet Supplies Plus Dog Day where fans can bring their dogs for just $5.
Fans (and dogs) can purchase tickets for the game at the team's office, located at 510 W. Kilbourn Ave, from 9-5 on Friday. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available at the Panther Arena Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Rocket's Three-Game Win Strea K Snapped by Hard-Fought 4-2 Loss to the Hershey Bears - Laval Rocket
- Post Game Notes: Stars vs. Griffins - Texas Stars
- Wolves Fall in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Blow Past Crunch, 7-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Fight Back to Earn Point in Fourth Straight Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Fall to Eagles in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Score Seven Goals, Defeat Belleville 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Fall to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Anas Makes History in 4-2 Win for Iowa - Iowa Wild
- DiGiuseppe Brings Quick End to OT, Completes Wolf Pack Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Dominate Americans for Fifth-Straight Win - Utica Comets
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Relentless Bears Edge Rocket, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Outlast Sound Tigers in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Markus Hannikainen to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibbons, Priskie Notch Four Points Each in 7-3 Blowout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- O'Connor Lifts Colorado to OT Win in Penalty-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Stumble at Home to Providence - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Outlast Phantoms in See-Saw Shootout Battle - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Rallies past Devils in OT - Binghamton Devils
- Grundstrom Leads Reign to Matinee Victory - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Give up Three in the First, Fall 5-2 to Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Monsters Fall Short in 2-0 Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Bardreau - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 5 Preview: San Antonio at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Host Monsters in Doubleheader Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Zachary Sawchenko from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Take on Condors in Saturday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Country and Western Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Trenin, Salomaki Recalled, Carr Assigned to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gabriel Dumont from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bruins, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Murray Hits 50 Point Plateau But Strives for Much More - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Penguins to Begin Home Slate Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Defenseman Martin Fehervary Returns to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Battle for Point in OT Loss to Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Recall Jalen Smereck from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red-Hot Wild Deal Moose a Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Stockton Spoils Gulls' Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Earn Blowout Win at San Diego - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.