Heat Earn Blowout Win at San Diego
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Byron Froese potted a pair of goals and Jon Gillies was strong in his season debut as the Stockton Heat routed San Diego by a 5-1 final score at the Gulls' home opener Friday night at Pechanga Arena. The Heat dominated from start to finish, outshooting their Pacific Division counterparts 37-24 on the night while four members of the visiting team notched multi-point games. Alan Quine's multi-assist night gives him three points over the Heat's last two games while Dillon Dube stayed hot on the offensive end with a pair of helpers of his own, giving him five points in Stockton's last three games. The victory continued Stockton's winning ways in road games, the club now 3-0 away from Stockton Arena on the season while not allowing a goal in the first two periods of any road contest. Overall, Stockton has now won five consecutive games at San Diego.
W: Jon Gillies (24 shots, 23 saves)
L: Anthony Stolarz (31 shots, 26 saves)
ND: Kevin Boyle (6 shots, 6 saves)
Three Stars: First - Jon Gillies (23 saves), Second - Byron Froese (2g), Third - Alan Quine (2a)
Final Shots: STK - 37, SD - 24
Power Plays: STK - 1-2, SD - 0-2
- Byron Froese's two-goal night was his first since February 15, 2017 when he was with the Toronto Marlies. Tonight's game was his second multi-point effort of the season, both coming against the Gulls (2a - Oct. 12).
- The game was Jon Gillies' season debut.
- Zac Leslie's multi-point night (1g,1a) was his first of the season and first since Nov. 10, 2018 against Rockford.
- With an assist on the night, Matthew Phillips has a point in four of five games this season.
- Alan Quine has three points in the last two games (1g,2a).
- The game was Dillon Dube's second multi-point game of the season (2a). He now has five points (5a) over the last three games.
- Rob Hamilton has an assist in back-to-back games.
- Stockton has not allowed a goal in the first or second period in any of the team's three road games this season.
- The Heat have won five consecutive games at Pechanga Arena.
The Heat will wrap up their brief road trip as they face off against the Bakersfield Condors Saturday night at Mechanics Bank Arena, a 7 p.m. puck drop. Stockton returns to home ice on Friday, October 27 as they host the Condors on Flash Back Friday and Teacher Appreciation Night.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Rocket's Three-Game Win Strea K Snapped by Hard-Fought 4-2 Loss to the Hershey Bears - Laval Rocket
- Post Game Notes: Stars vs. Griffins - Texas Stars
- Wolves Fall in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Blow Past Crunch, 7-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Fight Back to Earn Point in Fourth Straight Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Fall to Eagles in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Score Seven Goals, Defeat Belleville 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Fall to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Anas Makes History in 4-2 Win for Iowa - Iowa Wild
- DiGiuseppe Brings Quick End to OT, Completes Wolf Pack Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Dominate Americans for Fifth-Straight Win - Utica Comets
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Relentless Bears Edge Rocket, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Outlast Sound Tigers in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Markus Hannikainen to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibbons, Priskie Notch Four Points Each in 7-3 Blowout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- O'Connor Lifts Colorado to OT Win in Penalty-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Stumble at Home to Providence - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Outlast Phantoms in See-Saw Shootout Battle - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Rallies past Devils in OT - Binghamton Devils
- Grundstrom Leads Reign to Matinee Victory - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Give up Three in the First, Fall 5-2 to Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Monsters Fall Short in 2-0 Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Bardreau - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 5 Preview: San Antonio at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Host Monsters in Doubleheader Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Zachary Sawchenko from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Take on Condors in Saturday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Country and Western Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Trenin, Salomaki Recalled, Carr Assigned to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gabriel Dumont from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bruins, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Murray Hits 50 Point Plateau But Strives for Much More - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Penguins to Begin Home Slate Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Defenseman Martin Fehervary Returns to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Battle for Point in OT Loss to Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Recall Jalen Smereck from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red-Hot Wild Deal Moose a Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Stockton Spoils Gulls' Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Earn Blowout Win at San Diego - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.