Admirals Fall to Eagles in OT
Milwaukee, WI - Freddy Gaudreau's power-play goal with 2:24 remaining in regulation tied the score at two and helped the Admirals earn a point in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Colorado Eagles on Saturday night at Panther Arena.
The goal was the second in as many nights for Gaudreau, who missed the first three games of the season with a minor injury. The loss also spoiled an impressive effort by Milwaukee goalie Connor Ingram, who posted 32 saves, many of which were at point-blank range.
Still, the OT loss extended Milwaukee's point streak to four games (2-0-1-1).
For the second straight night Colorado got the game's first goal as Michael Joly ripped a one-timer from the right dot for a power-play marker at 7:38 of the opening period.
The second period started with 95 minutes of penalties after the Admirals Josh Healey and Colorado's AJ Greer were sent to the box for fighting. Before play started again Greer came tearing out of the box and made a bee-line for Ads Captain Jarred Tinordi, which set up that and a number of other fights. When the dust settled five players had been ejected from the game, including Greer, who was assessed three game misconducts.
Laurent Dauphin would tie the game for Milwaukee at the 4:48 mark of the second period with his first tally of the season. Ads d-man Steve Santini sent a shot from the top of the left circle that Dauphin deflected over the shoulder of Colorado goalie Adam Werner. Santini and Cole Schneider picked up helpers on the play.
Colorado would retake the lead just 37 seconds into the final frame, courtesy of a unlucky bounce for Milwaukee. The Eagles Logan O'Connor took a shot from inclose on Ads netminder Connor Ingram, who made the stop, but the puck popped free into the slot. Ingram went to poke check the puck, but it deflected off the shoulder of Eric Condra and into the net.
That set the stage for Gaudreau, who scored on a one-timer off a feed from Alex Carrier at 17:36 of the third. Then in overtime, the Eagles O'Connor ended the game with his first of the year just 45 seconds into the extra session.
The Admirals finish up the weekend by traveling to Chicago for the first time this season for a 3 pm matinee from the Allstate Arena. The team's next home game will be next Friday, October 25 when the Ads host the Texas Stars at 7 pm. The first 3,000 fans will take home a Alexander Hamilton Bobblehead, courtesy of Lee Jeans.
Fans can purchase tickets for the game at the team's office, located at 510 W. Kilbourn Ave, from 9-5 on Friday. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available at the Panther Arena Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Rocket's Three-Game Win Strea K Snapped by Hard-Fought 4-2 Loss to the Hershey Bears - Laval Rocket
- Post Game Notes: Stars vs. Griffins - Texas Stars
- Wolves Fall in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Blow Past Crunch, 7-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Fight Back to Earn Point in Fourth Straight Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Fall to Eagles in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Score Seven Goals, Defeat Belleville 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Fall to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Anas Makes History in 4-2 Win for Iowa - Iowa Wild
- DiGiuseppe Brings Quick End to OT, Completes Wolf Pack Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Dominate Americans for Fifth-Straight Win - Utica Comets
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Relentless Bears Edge Rocket, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Outlast Sound Tigers in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Markus Hannikainen to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibbons, Priskie Notch Four Points Each in 7-3 Blowout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- O'Connor Lifts Colorado to OT Win in Penalty-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Stumble at Home to Providence - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Outlast Phantoms in See-Saw Shootout Battle - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Rallies past Devils in OT - Binghamton Devils
- Grundstrom Leads Reign to Matinee Victory - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Give up Three in the First, Fall 5-2 to Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Monsters Fall Short in 2-0 Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Bardreau - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 5 Preview: San Antonio at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Host Monsters in Doubleheader Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Zachary Sawchenko from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Take on Condors in Saturday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Country and Western Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Trenin, Salomaki Recalled, Carr Assigned to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gabriel Dumont from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bruins, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Murray Hits 50 Point Plateau But Strives for Much More - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Penguins to Begin Home Slate Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Defenseman Martin Fehervary Returns to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Battle for Point in OT Loss to Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Recall Jalen Smereck from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red-Hot Wild Deal Moose a Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Stockton Spoils Gulls' Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Earn Blowout Win at San Diego - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.