Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7 PM
(Laval, QC) - Tonight, the Hershey Bears conclude their three-game Canadian road trip with a 7 PM tilt against the Laval Rocket. The Bears split their two-game season-series with the Rocket in 2018-19, with the home team winning each contest. All-time, the Bears are 3-1-0-0 against the Rocket since the franchise relocated from St. John's prior to the 2017-18 season.
Hershey Bears (3-2-1-0) at Laval Rocket (3-3-0-0)
October 19, 2019 | 7 PM | Game #7 | Place Bell
Referees: Jim Curtin (90), Corey Syvret (42)
Linesmen: Maxime Chaput (80), Francois Dussureault (60)
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
Broadcast Information (Pre-game 6:30 p.m.)
RADIO: WQIC-100.1 FM, Fox Sports 1460-AM, WOYK 1350-AM, Voice of the Bears Zack Fisch and Matt Trust on the call.
LISTEN LIVE: Fox Sports AM-1460 Stream, Caps Radio 24/7
WATCH LIVE: AHLTV
LAST TIME OUT:
The Hershey Bears skated to a 5-1 victory over the Belleville Senators on Friday night at the CAA Arena. The Chocolate and White got goals from five different players including Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, Mike Sgarbossa, Liam O'Brien, Beck Malenstyn, and Steve Whitney. Hershey scored four times in the second period, and Phoenix Copley stood tall in goal, stopping 31 shots to earn the victory. Sgarbossa had the winning tally for the Bears, his first game-winning goal since Nov. 24, 2018 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The Rocket also earned a victory last night, defeating Providence, 3-2, on home ice. Ryan Poehling scored the game-winning tally, notching his first AHL goal at 10:40 of the third period. Netminder Cayden Primeau turned aside 32 shots in the win.
In last night's victory, Hershey scored an impressive three times in a span of just 1:06. Liam O'Brien struck at 14:43, then Beck Malenstyn scored on Hershey's next shot at 15:34. Off the ensuing faceoff, Mike Sgarbossa fed Steve Whitney for his first goal of the season at 15:49. While Hershey's quick strike feat was impressive, it fell well short of a franchise record. On Nov. 11, 1962, Hershey tallied three goals in just 21 seconds in a 7-1 win over Cleveland.
BARBER THE ROCKET:
In tonight's game at Laval, Hershey will face former Bear Riley Barber. The right winger spent four seasons with Hershey from 2015-19, skating in 237 career games with the Bears, scoring 180 points (90 goals, 90 assists). The sniper led Hershey with 31 goals last year and finished second on the club in points with 60. The Pittsburgh native has scored 20 or more goals three times in his AHL career and was part of Hershey's team that went to the 2016 Calder Cup Finals. Barber signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Montreal Canadiens on Jul. 1 and has scored one goal in six games with the Rocket this season.
ANOTHER DEUCE FOR DJOOS:
With two assists last night, Christian Djoos posted his third multi-assist game of the season. Djoos has struck for a pair of helpers in three of his six games this season. The Swede defenseman has collected seven points (one goal, six assists) so far this season, leading all AHL defenseman in scoring.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Rocket's Three-Game Win Strea K Snapped by Hard-Fought 4-2 Loss to the Hershey Bears - Laval Rocket
- Post Game Notes: Stars vs. Griffins - Texas Stars
- Wolves Fall in Overtime - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Blow Past Crunch, 7-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Fight Back to Earn Point in Fourth Straight Game - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Fall to Eagles in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Score Seven Goals, Defeat Belleville 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Amerks Fall to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Anas Makes History in 4-2 Win for Iowa - Iowa Wild
- DiGiuseppe Brings Quick End to OT, Completes Wolf Pack Rally - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Dominate Americans for Fifth-Straight Win - Utica Comets
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Relentless Bears Edge Rocket, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Outlast Sound Tigers in Shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Markus Hannikainen to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibbons, Priskie Notch Four Points Each in 7-3 Blowout Win - Charlotte Checkers
- O'Connor Lifts Colorado to OT Win in Penalty-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Sens Stumble at Home to Providence - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Outlast Phantoms in See-Saw Shootout Battle - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Rallies past Devils in OT - Binghamton Devils
- Grundstrom Leads Reign to Matinee Victory - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Give up Three in the First, Fall 5-2 to Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Monsters Fall Short in 2-0 Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Bardreau - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 5 Preview: San Antonio at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Host Monsters in Doubleheader Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Zachary Sawchenko from Orlando Solar Bears - San Jose Barracuda
- Heat Take on Condors in Saturday Showdown - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Country and Western Night Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Trenin, Salomaki Recalled, Carr Assigned to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Gabriel Dumont from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bruins, October 19 - Belleville Senators
- Murray Hits 50 Point Plateau But Strives for Much More - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Penguins to Begin Home Slate Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Defenseman Martin Fehervary Returns to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Battle for Point in OT Loss to Roadrunners - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Recall Jalen Smereck from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Red-Hot Wild Deal Moose a Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Stockton Spoils Gulls' Home Opener - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Earn Blowout Win at San Diego - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Drop 4-2 Decision to Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 5 p.m.
- Bears Sign Defender Zach Malatesta to PTO
- Hershey Bears Weekly #3: Chocolate and White off to Best Start in Nearly a Decade
- McMichael's Hat Trick, 34 Saves from Fucale Earns Bears 3-1 Win over Penguins