Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020
WEEK IN REVIEW
Wednesday, February 19: Manitoba 5 at Laval 4 - SO
The Moose claimed a 5-4 shootout victory against the Laval Rocket on Wednesday. Seth Griffith and David Gustafsson scored a goal each for the Moose during the first 20 minutes. The Rocket responded in scoring three consecutive goals in the second period to take the 3-2 lead. The clubs exchanged goals in the third to tie the game 4-4 with Manitoba's goals being credited to Leon Gawanke and Michael Spacek. The matchup was decided in a shootout as Seth Griffith scored the lone goal and Mikhail Berdin stopped Laval's first two shooters and poke checked Hudon's attempt out of harms way to secure the victory for Manitoba.
Friday, February 21: Manitoba 1 at Laval 4
The Moose were defeated 4-1 against the Rocket on Friday night. Kristian Reichel scored Manitoba's only goal of the matchup. Three Rocket players posted a multi-point night to edge Laval over the Moose.
Saturday, February 22: Manitoba 4 at Belleville 5 - OT
Manitoba lost a 5-4 overtime decision against the Belleville Senators. Kristian Reichel, Ryan White and Logan Stanley scored a goal each giving the Moose the three goal advantage. Belleville answered with three goals and tied the game 3-3 early in the third. The clubs exchanged goals in the rest of the way with Reichel capitalizing for Manitoba. With 2:01 off the clock in overtime, Alex Formenton secured Belleville's victory.
vs. Chicago Wolves**
Saturday, Feb. 29
2:00 p.m. CT
vs. Chicago Wolves**
Sunday, Mar. 1
2:00 p.m. CT
*Broadcast on moosehockey.com
**Broadcast on TSN 1290 and moosehockey.com
The Moose take on the Chicago Wolves in back-to-back matchups on Saturday and Sunday at Bell MTS Place. Puck drop for both games is scheduled for 2 p.m. CT. Sunday's contest is the annual Autism Awareness Game, presented by Red River Co-op, in support of the St.Amant Foundation. The Moose will wear special edition jerseys with a puzzle piece design. Tickets are available at MooseHockey.com/TICKETS.
# PLAYER GP G A PTS PIM +/-
17 Seth Griffith 54 20 16 36 26 -14
26 Jansen Harkins* 30 7 24 31 28 4
34 JC Lipon 57 12 17 29 100 -1
13 Kristian Vesalainen 56 10 17 27 10 -19
25 C.J. Suess 54 13 13 26 28 -6
# GOALIE RECORD GAA SV% SO
40 Mikhail Berdin 19-20-1 2.92 .910 2
1 Eric Comrie 8-9-0 2.53 .917 1
*On NHL roster
Kristian Reichel notched two goals in Saturday's matchup against the Belleville Senators, posting the first multi-goal game of his AHL career. The forward scored on his only two shots of the game. Reichel is second on the Moose in shooting percentage, scoring on 10 of his 46 shots for 21.7 per cent. The Litvinov, Czech Republic native has posted three multi-point game during his AHL career. He notched a goal and an assist in Manitoba's 5-3 defeat against Belleville on Jan. 13 and he collected two assists in the Moose 3-1 victory against the Rockford IceHogs on Mar. 9 of the 2018-19 campaign. Reichel is the only Moose player currently on a goal streak having collected three goals in the last two games.
C.J. Suess marked a new AHL career high with three assists in Saturday's game against Belleville. The forward had previously collected two assists on two occasions dating back to Dec. 12 against Colorado and Jan. 31 against Rockford. The Forest Lake, Minn. product is currently on a two-game assist streak with four assists. Suess has moved into fifth place among Moose scoring leaders having collected 26 points (13G, 13A) in 54 games during the 2019-20 campaign. Suess currently paces the Moose with 6 points (2G, 4A) during the month of February.
Andrei Chibisov was reassigned to the Moose on Friday, Feb. 21 by the Winnipeg Jets. The Prokopyevsk, Russia product made his NHL debut in the Jets tilt on Feb. 16 against the Chicago Blackhawks and appeared in one other game with the big club. The forward has posted 24 points (7G, 17A) in 48 games for Manitoba this season. Chibisov is playing his first season in North America following five campaigns in the KHL split between Khanty-Mansiysk Yugra, Kazan Ak-Bars and Magnitogorsk Metallurg. The forward posted 66 points (26G, 40A) in 220 career KHL games.
Staying in the Central
With the clubs 5-4 overtime defeat against the Belleville Senators on Saturday, the Moose will play 19 consecutive games against Central Division rivals to conclude the 2019-20 campaign. Manitoba has faced four teams out of their division over the course of the season including the Toronto Marlies, Belleville Senators, Laval Rocket and Colorado Eagles. The Moose have posted a 5-10-1-0 record in 16 games against these opponents. Manitoba split its series 2-2-0-0 against the Laval Rocket and posted a 2-1-1-0 against the Belleville Senators.
Logan Stanley posted his second multi-point game (1G, 1A) of the 2019-20 campaign on Saturday against the Senators. The defenceman has recorded four multi-point games during his AHL career. He collected two assists on two occasions during the 2018-19 campaign and has recorded two games notching a goal and an assist this season. The Waterloo, Ont. product has posted 10 points (3G, 7A) in 40 games during the 2019-20 campaign.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.