Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the Panthers have acquired forwards Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen and defenseman Chase Priskie from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Vincent Trocheck. Luostarinen and Priskie are expected to report to Florida's American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL).
"Today we acquired players with depth, versatility, and playoff experience," said President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Dale Tallon. "Haula and Wallmark give us more depth in the forward line and more options for our coaches as we continue our quest to make the playoffs this season."
"It's always a tough decision to part with one of our core young men. Vincent is a quality person and we thank him for his excellent work ethic and play and passion for the game," Tallon said. "This deal helps us in the present and in the future as we strengthen our depth chart."
Haula, 28, has appeared in 41 games with Carolina, recording 22 points (12-10-22).
The 6-foot, 193-pound native of Pori, Finland has appeared in 398 career NHL regular season games, with the Minnesota Wild (2013-14 to 2016-17), Vegas Golden Knights (2017-18 to 2018-19) and Carolina Hurricanes (2019-20) producing 173 points (85-88-173). In 44 career Stanley Cup Playoff games, Haula has posted 22 points (9-13-22).
He was originally selected by Minnesota in the seventh round (181st overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft.
Wallmark, 24, has appeared in 60 games with Carolina, registering 23 points (11-12-23). His 11 goals are a career high.
The 6-foot, 178-pound native of Umea, Sweden has played in 160 career NHL regular season games, all with Carolina (2016-17 to 2019-20), amassing 54 points (22-32-54). Over 15 career Stanley Cup Playoff games, Wallmark has recorded five points (1-4-5).
He was originally selected by Carolina in the fourth round (97th overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft.
Luostarinen, 21, has appeared in eight career games with Carolina (2019-20), producing one assist. The 6-foot-3, 184-pound native of Silinjarvi, Finland, won the Spengler Cup in 2018-19 with KalPa in Liiga, posting 36 points (15-21-36) in 54 regular season games.
He was originally selected by Carolina in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft.
Priskie, 23, has appeared in 52 games with the Charlotte Checkers (AHL), producing 31 points (6-5-31).
Priskie was a top ten Hobey Baker finalist with Quinnipiac University in 2018-19 and was captain for two season (2017-18 and 2018-19). He recorded 39 points (17-22-39) in 36 NCAA regular season games in 2018-19. He all NCAA defensemen with 17 goals.
The 6-foot, 185-pound native of Pembroke Pines, Fla., was originally selected by Washington in the sixth round (177th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft.
Six of Springfield's next seven games will remain inside the MassMutual Center, beginning with a tangle on Friday, Feb. 28 against Bridgeport at 7:05 p.m.
For more ticket information or to become a 2020-21 Springfield Thunderbirds ticket package member, or to purchase single game tickets, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Nathan Walker, Nolan Stevens to Contract Extensions
- Springfield Thunderbirds Unveil Full 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Host Hartford to Open 2021-22 Season
- Springfield Thunderbirds, MassMutual Support Educational Initiatives
- Springfield Thunderbirds Seeking Ice-O-Topes Jersey Designs from Fans