Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned forwards Connor Bunnaman and Joel Farabee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Bunnaman, 21, has appeared in 24 games for Lehigh Valley this year and has scored four goals and one assist for five points. He originally made the Philadelphia Flyers out of training camp and made his NHL debut on October 4, 2019 against the Chicago Blackhawks in Prague. He has played a total of 21 games for the Flyers this season during two separate recalls and scored his first NHL goal on January 13 against the Boston Bruins. During his rookie season in 2018-19, Bunnaman scored 19 goals and registered 13 assists for 32 points in 62 games. He ranked second on the team in goals and led all Phantoms rookies in scoring.
A native of Guelph, Ontario, Bunnaman was drafted in the fourth round (#109) over 2016 NHL draft by the Flyers after playing four seasons in the OHL for the Kitchener Rangers. He served as the Rangers captain in 2017-18 and totaled 155 points on 90 goals and 65 assists in 265 career games for Kitchener.
Farabee, 19, is playing in his first full season of professional hockey and has played in four games for Lehigh Valley this season and has tallied a point in every game he has appeared in with three goals and one assist. He made his pro debut on October 11, 2019 and scored a highlight reel goal against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Farabee has notched a point in every game he's played for the Phantoms. He was recalled by the Flyers on October 20 and made his NHL debut October 21 against the Vegas Golden Knights. Farabee has played 49 games for Philadelphia this season and has registered seven goals and nine assists for 13 points and 39 penalty minutes.
A native of Cicero, New York, Farabee was drafted in the first round (#18 overall) of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. Prior to turning pro, he played a year of college hockey for the University of Boston. In 37 games for the Terriers during their 2018-19 season, He totaled 36 points including 17 goals and 19 assists. Farabee also spent time on the U.S National Development Team where he was a part of a gold medal winning team at the 2017 World U18 Championships in Slovakia. He was also a part of two silver medal winning teams at the 2018 World U18 Championships in Russia and the 2019 World Junior Championships in Canada.
Both players are expected to be available for the Phantoms this weekend against the Charlotte Checkers at PPL Center as we celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the 1980 Olympic Team.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Connor Bunnaman
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Joel Farabee
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Mark Friedman Signs Two-Year Contract Extension
- 11 Phantoms Make Flyers Training Camp Roster
- Phantoms Owner Part of AHL Return to Play Task Force
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- GOALS4LV Challenge Has Raised $6,550 in Just Two Weeks