T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers, parent club of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, have announced today they have acquired forward Nathan Noel from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for defenseman T.J. Brennan.
Brennan, 30, has played 11 professional seasons and four with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. He has played 28 games this year, tallying one goal and seven assists for eight points and 42 penalty minutes. Over his four years in Lehigh Valley, Brennan played in 230 games and totaled 156 points on 44 goals and 112 assists, along with 284 penalty minutes. He currently ranks third in Lehigh Valley history in points, and is seventh in goals, second in assists, and forth in games played. In addition to his work on the ice, Brennan was a staple in the Lehigh Valley community off the ice. Whether he was working with Phantoms Charities or the sled hockey team, doing school or hospital visits, or attending season ticket holder events, Brennan always took the time to talk to fans and give back to the community.
A native of Moorestown, New Jersey, Brennan was drafted in the second round (#31 overall) of the 2007 NHL Draft by the Buffalo Sabres. He made his NHL debut on November 23, 2011 and scored his first NHL goal the same night. He has played 53 NHL games and registered 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in games with the Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers and Toronto Maple Leafs.
The 6-foot-1 defenseman has played 673 career games in the American Hockey League with the Portland Pirates, Rochester Americans, Toronto Marlies, Rockford IceHogs and Lehigh Valley Phantoms. He has amassed 475 career points with 157 goals and 218 assists and 732 penalty minutes. His 157 goals ranks second all-time for career AHL goals by a defenseman, trailing only for Phantom John Slaney (166). His 475 AHL points are third all-time for AHL defenseman. He is a five-time AHL All-Star (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and a two-time Eddie Shore Award winner, given to the AHL's best defenseman (2013-14, 2015-16).
Noel, 22, has played eight games this season for the Rockford IceHogs and 39 for the Indy Fuel of the ECHL. He has tallied six goals and 11 assists with Indy for 17 points and 47 penalty minutes. Currently in his third professional season, Noel has played 71 AHL games for Rockford and totaled three goals and four assists for seven points and 83 penalty minutes.
A native of St. John's, Newfoundland, Noel played four seasons in the QMJHL for the Saint John Sea Dogs where he won a QMJHL Championship in 2016-17.
Noel has been loaned to the Reading Royals of the ECHL.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- GOALS4LV Challenge Has Raised $6,550 in Just Two Weeks
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Launch GOALS4LV Challenge to Fight COVID-19
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms and PPL Center Are Proud to Support LVHN as a Potential Surge Facility During Coronavirus Outbreak
- Kurtis Gabriel Named Lehigh Valley's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year