Roadrunners Weekly: February 25
31-17-1-2 - 65 Points
(T-1st- Pacific Division, 4th- Western Conference, 9th- AHL)
GAMES THIS WEEK:
Wednesday vs. San Diego - 7 p.m. (Tucson Arena)
Friday at Ontario - 8 p.m. (Toyota Arena)
Sunday vs. Bakersfield - 6 p.m. (Mechanics Bank Arena)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
6-3 Loss at San Jose (Monday)
3-2 Overtime Win vs. Stockton (Friday)
4-1 Loss vs. Stockton (Saturday)
Monday night in San Jose forward Hudson Fasching had a pair of goals, his 17th and 18th of the season. That mark now places him second on the team, only behind Burke.
With an assist Friday night Brayden Burke became just the third Roadrunner in four years of play to reach 50 points in a single season. The second-year pro leads all Pacific Division skaters with his 21 goals and 29 assists.
Michael Bunting scored the overtime winner Friday night for Tucson, securing Tucson's 31st win of the season. The fourth-year forward now ranks 14thamong all league scorers with 44 points.
Saturday NHL All-Star Darcy Kuemper made a conditioning loan start with the Roadrunners as he works his way back to the Arizona Coyotes from injury. The ninth goaltender used this season by the team made 26 stops on 28 shots.
THEY SAID IT:
"Every point matters now. We're coming down the back stretch and being able to play in key games, to play in key moments, that stuff is all extremely important and we need to understand that."
- Roadrunners Head Coach Jay Varady following Saturday night's contest.
THIS WEEK'S NOTES:
The Roadrunners practiced Monday at Tucson Arena and will do the same Tuesday ahead of their meeting with San Diego Wednesday. They'll then travel to California for a weekend series against Ontario and Bakersfield.
$2 Hot Dog Wednesday - Wednesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. against Stockton
Like every Wednesday this season, $2 hot dogs!
$12 group tickets are available as well.
For more information on all promotional nights, visit TucsonRoadrunners.com/fun.
Roadrunners Happy Hour hosted by Adrian Denny 6-7 p.m. airs Wednesdays on Fox Sports 1450 with two special guests.
Roadrunners Reports featuring Head Coach Jay Varady and select players continue Monday through Friday's on all Tucson iHeartRadio stations.
New for 2019-20, Fox Sports 1450 AM is your Tucson radio home for Arizona Coyotes broadcasts. Arizona will take on Florida Tuesday night at 7 p.m. in Glendale and Saturday the Buffalo Sabres come to town for a 6 p.m. puck drop.
The Roadrunners Insider Podcast with Brett Fera of the Arizona Daily Star airs on FoxSports1450.com and the iHeartRadio App.
Goaltender Darcy Kuemper was recalled by the Coyotes on Sunday after his successful rehab start over the weekend in Tucson. By playing in the game Kuemper became the 33rd player in the four-year affiliation between the Coyotes and Roadrunners to play a game for both teams.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.