T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have acquired defenseman T.J. Brennan from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Nathan Noel. Brennan has an AAV of $675,000 and is signed through the 2019-2020 season. He will report to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League for his second stint with the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate.
Brennan first spent time with the IceHogs during the 2014-15 season when he contributed nine goals and 27 assists for 36 points across 54 games before being traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Feb. 26, 2015. The two-time Eddie Shore Award recipient as the AHL's top defenseman was named an AHL All-Star five straight seasons from 2013-14 to 2017-18.
The veteran defenseman has appeared in 28 contests with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League this season, recording one goal and seven assists. He's appeared in 230 games with the Phantoms since 2016, recording 156 points (44G, 112A). In 673 career AHL games, the Moorestown, New Jersey native has tallied 475 points (157G, 318A) with Lehigh, Toronto, Rockford, Rochester and Portland.
Originally drafted in the second round (31st overall) of the 2007 NHL Draft by Buffalo, Brennan has appeared in 53 career NHL games with Buffalo, Toronto and Florida, notching five goals and eight assists. He set career highs in games played (29), goals (3), assists (7) and points (10) during the 2012-13 season with Buffalo and Florida.
Going the other way, Noel was drafted in the fourth round (113th overall) by the Blackhawks of the 2016 NHL Draft. He's recorded six goals and 11 assists with the Indy Fuel of the ECHL this season and has skated in eight games with Rockford. In total, the St. John's, Newfoundland native has scored three goals and added four assists for seven points across 71 career AHL contests.
Friday, March 6 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins | 7 p.m.
Join the Hogs for Country Night at the BMO on Friday, March 6 at 7:00! The evening features performances by the Ethan Bell Band and a bandana giveaway to the first 1,500 fans in attendance, courtesy of Texas Roadhouse. Tickets can be purchased HERE, and with all Friday home contests this season, fans can pick up Bud Lights for just $2 at most concession stands on the concourse through the end of the second intermission.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Blue Jackets Add Matiss Kivlenieks to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Insider: No News Is Good News - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Acquire Miles Gendron in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Trade for Baptiste - Belleville Senators
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Recall Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- T.J. Brennan Returns to IceHogs in Trade for Nathan Noel - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Assign Lindstrom - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Devils Acquire Janne Kuokkanen, Fredrik Claesson, Draft Pick from Carolina for Sami Vatanen - Binghamton Devils
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Joel Persson from Edmonton - San Diego Gulls
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Acquire Schmaltz from Toronto - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitchell Stephens to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Trade Forward Markus Hannikainen to Arizona Coyotes, Add Forward Calvin Thurkauf to Roster on Emergency Recall - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Acquire Goaltender Zane McIntyre from Vancouver - Binghamton Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Acquire Markus Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 25 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Sonny Milano from Columbus - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Christian Djoos from Washington - San Diego Gulls
- T.J. Brennan Traded to Chicago Blackhawks for Nathan Noel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Goaltender Hunter Miska Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 24-March 1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Recall Charle-Edouard D'Astous from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Acquire Sixth-Round Selection in the 2020 NHL Draft from the Florida Panthers in Exchange for Defenseman Emil Djuse - Texas Stars
- Anaheim Ducks Claim Andrew Agozzino on Waivers - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Acquire D Emil Djuse from Dallas Stars - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Labrie Proud to Sign NHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Joel Farabee and Connor Bunnaman Return to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Flyers Trade Kyle Criscuolo to Anaheim Ducks - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Kyle Criscuolo and 2020 Fourth-Round Pick from Philadelphia - San Diego Gulls
- Flames Assign Buddy Robinson to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Jets and Moose Gender Equality Games Celebrate Females in Sport as Part of NHL's "This Is Hockey" - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Acquire F's Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarinen & D Chase Priskie from Hurricanes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Weekly: February 24, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Darcy Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Ryan Snider Hired as IceHogs President, Business Operations
- Rockford IceHogs Unveil 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Rockford IceHogs Unveil 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- IceHogs Celebrate 2021-22 Home Opener at BMO Harris Bank Center on Saturday, November 6 vs. Grand Rapids
- Gov. Pritzker Joins Blackhawks and Rockford Officials to Announce $23 Million BMO Harris Bank Center Capital Renovation