Berdin Big again in OT Win
The Manitoba Moose (8-8-0-0) claimed a 2-1 overtime victory against the San Antonio Rampage (6-4-3-2) on Friday night at Bell MTS Place.
To start the first period, former Moose Ryan Olsen saw an opportunity to give the Rampage the advantage however Mikhail Berdin closed the door and kept San Antonio off the board. The Rampage were granted one power play in the first frame however the Moose killed off their 22nd straight penalty keeping the first period tied 0-0. Mikhail Berdin stopped all 20 shots he faced in the first frame.
Midway through the second period, Andrei Chibisov scored the first goal of the game on a backhand feed from Jansen Harkins. Less than two minutes later, San Antonio responded on the power play as Derrick Pouliot found Nathan Walker on the breakaway tying the game 1-1. Rampage goaltender Ville Husso also picked up an assist on Walker's tally.
The third period was a battle between goaltenders. The Moose racked up 11 shots on net in the third frame, which was the most they registered in the contest. San Antonio had a chance of their own with a man advantage however the third went scoreless and the game needed extra time.
Just over two minutes into overtime, Joey LaLeggia was called for a slash and Manitoba brought out an extra man. On the power play, Chibisov set up Griffith for the overtime winner.
The Moose have collected five straight wins, all five being on home ice
Mikhail Berdin has stopped 180 of his last 183 shots
Jansen Harkins (3G, 12A) and Sami Niku (3G, 7A) extend their point streaks to eight-games What's Next?
The Moose take on the San Antonio Rampage on Sunday, Nov. 17 at Bell MTS Place. Puck drop is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.