Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Saturday, November 16
Time: 6:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Listeners in the Stockton area can hear the game on Fox Sports Radio 1280.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsSJ.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Corey Schueneman with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
Stockton and San Jose face off for the second time this season on Saturday as the Heat look to salvage a weekend split of two Pacific Division contests.
The Heat come into Saturday's game off a 5-2 loss at Stockton Arena to division-leading Tucson, while the Barracuda haven't played since a 9-3 setback Wednesday against the San Diego Gulls.
In the teams' lone meeting this season, Stockton took a shootout victory by a 3-2 final score on Nov. 1.
Heat captain Byron Froese registered his eighth goal of the season in Friday's contest against the Tucson Roadrunners, redirecting a shot past netminder Eric Comrie for his eighth lamp-lighter of the season - a mark that ties him with Buddy Robinson for the team lead. The captain now has a goal in four of Stockton's last six games.
The Heat have been strong when coming off losses so far this season, earning at least a point in four of five games after taking any kind of defeat. After losing in regulation, Stockton is 2-0 on the year with a pair of comfortable wins over the San Diego Gulls, 5-1 on October 18 and 6-3 on Monday.
Second-year forwards Matthew Phillips and Glenn Gawdin lead the way for Stockton on the offensive end, tied for the team lead with 14 points on the year. Phillips boasts the higher goal total with five, while Gawdin has four to go with double-digit assists. Both are tied with two power play goals on the year.
SPECIAL TEAMS MATCHUP
Saturday's game features what on paper should be a mismatch between Stockton's high-powered power play unit - second in the AHL at 28.8-percent on the year - and San Jose's penalty kill, which ranks 30th at 74.5-percent. Last time the teams got together, Stockton popped in a pair of goals on the man-advantage while limiting San Jose to just 1-for-8.
Stockton's shootout victory over the Barracuda in the first meeting between the teams this year was the Heat's sixth all-time victory over San Jose on home ice. Coming into Saturday's game, the Heat are just 6-13-4-1 at Stockton Arena against their Pacific Division counterparts.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.