Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win
Belleville, ON- Milwaukee's power play continued to click and goalie Connor Ingram stopped 28 shots to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 4-2 win over the Belleville Senators Saturday at CAA Arena.
The Admirals have won seven straight games and sit in first place in the Central Division. Milwaukee's power play is converting at 46.4% (13-28) over the winning streak.
It was the first-ever meeting between the teams. It was also the first time the Admirals played against an Ottawa Senators affiliate since the Ads played Grand Rapids while the Griffins were affiliated with the Sens on Mar. 29, 2002.
Ingram improved to 5-0-1 in his career against Belleville. Ingram appeared in five games against the Senators while a member of the Syracuse Crunch.
Admirals defenseman Alex Carrier picked up a pair of assists in the game to move upon to 100 assists in his career. He is the first Admirals defenseman to reach that milestone since the team joined the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2001. Only four other Admirals (Cal O'Reilly, Darren Haydar, Rich Peverley, and Simon Gamache) have reached that total in the Ads AHL history.
Milwaukee had a 2-1 lead after the first period. Both of the Admirals goals were scored on the power play. The first one came at 14:45 when Cole Schneider banged in a rebound off the left pad of goalie Filip Gustavsson at 14:45 for his sixth goal of the season (third on the power play). Colin Blackwell and Carrier recorded the assists. The assists extended the points streaks of Blackwell and Carrier to three games and four games, respectively.
Belleville tied the game at 15:50 when Morgan Klimchuk fired a wrist shot from between the circles for his fifth goal of the year.
Milwaukee reclaimed the lead with a Rem Pitlick power play goal at 16:55. Pitlick, camped in the slot, deflected a Carrier shot into the goal for his third goal of the season. He has scored a goal in three straight games. Carrier and Daniel Carr recorded the assists. The point for Carr moved his points streak to seven games.
The Admirals moved the lead to 3-1 at 6:46 of the second period. Daniel Carr skated the puck to the right circle in the Senators zone and wired a wrist shot past Gustavsson for his ninth goal of the season. Schneider and Tommy Novak were awarded the helpers. Novak has points in three straight games for the Admirals.
The Senators moved within a goal when Rudolfs Balcers deflected a shot from the slot into the net for his third goal of the season. The power play goal by Balcers was scored tag 13:15 of the second frame.
The Admirals reached four goals for the fourth straight game when Jeremy Davies ripped a wrist shot into the goal for his second tally of the season. Davies had just exited the penalty box and converted a Blackwell pass at 19:48 of the second. Fred Allard also earned an assist on the goal.
The Admirals road trip continues Tues., Nov. 19 at Iowa. Milwaukee returns to UWM Panther Arena Sat., Nov. 23 to host the Grand Rapids Griffins.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Islanders
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.