Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors
LOVELAND, CO. - Colorado Eagles goaltender Hunter Miska stopped all 39 shots he faced to record his first shutout of the season, as Colorado defeated the Bakersfield Condors, 3-0 on Friday. Forward Sheldon Dries collected a goal and an assist, while defenseman Calle Rosen also posted a multi-point performance with a pair of assists. The Eagles penalty kill proved pivotal, going a perfect 5-for-5 with a shorthanded goal.
Colorado would claim the game's first goal when defenseman Conor Timmins took advantage of some 4-on-4 hockey when he stepped into a slapshot from the blueline and beat Condors goalie Stuart Skinner to give the Eagles a 1-0 edge just 6:56 into the contest. Bakersfield would outshoot Colorado, 12-10 in the first period, but some strong play from Miska would send the Eagles to the first intermission with a 1-0 advantage.
Colorado would build on its lead just 22 seconds into the second period when Dries stripped a puck deep in the Bakersfield zone and skated between the circles before burying a wrister to make it a 2-0 Eagles lead. The Condors would dominate the shots on goal in the middle frame, but Colorado's penalty kill would slam the door on 1:05 of 5-on-3 action for the Condors, allowing the Eagles to head to the dressing room still on top, 2-0.
Bakersfield would continue to generate opportunities in the third period, outshooting Colorado, 15-12 in the final 20 minutes. More highlight reel saves from Miska would keep the Condors at a distance, while defenseman Mark Alt would add a shorthanded, empty-net goal with just 22 seconds remaining in the contest to give the Eagles the 3-0 victory.
Colorado finished the night going 0-for-4 on the power play, while also being outshot by Bakersfield, 39-26. The win was the Eagles third-consecutive victory and now improves their record to 8-6-0-0 on the season.
Colorado returns to action when the Eagles take on the Bakersfield Condors on Saturday, November 16th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Islanders
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Mutala Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies
- Maltsev Reassigned by Avalanche, Burzan Returns to Utah
- Halbgewachs' Two-Goal Performance Leads Barracuda to 3-2 Win over Colorado
- San Jose Rallies in Third to Top Eagles, 5-4
- Kaut, Maltsev Recalled by Colorado Avalanche