Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2
LOVELAND, CO. - Bakersfield forward Tomas Jurco scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner in the third period, as the Condors netted three unanswered goals to erase a 2-0 deficit and defeat the Colorado Eagles, 3-2 on Saturday. Connor Timmins and Sheldon Dries each scored in the loss for Colorado. Hunter Miska suffered his first loss in the last four starts, surrendering three goals on 22 shots.
For the second-straight contest Timmins would kick off the scoring when he skated through the top of the right-wing circle before unfurling a wrister that would light the lamp and give Colorado a 1-0 edge just 7:08 into the contest.
Still on top 1-0 as the two teams began the second period, the Eagles would build upon their lead on a 5-on-3 power play when Dries smashed a rebound on top of the crease past Condors goalie Stuart Skinner to stretch Colorado's advantage to 2-0 at the 9:47 mark of the middle frame.
Bakersfield would jump on the scoreboard on the power play when forward Josh Currie settled a bouncing puck in the slot and backhanded it into the back of the net to trim the Eagles lead to 2-1 with 2:55 remaining in the second period.
With the period ticking down inside the final minute, the Condors would even things up when Jurco wrapped around the net and flicked the puck off the leg pad of Miska and into the goal to tie the game at 2-2 at the 19:23 mark.
Heading into the final frame still tied at 2-2, Bakersfield would take advantage of a 5-on-3 power play when Jurco snapped a shot over the shoulder of Miska to put the Condors on top, 3-2 at the 5:02 mark of the final frame.
The Eagles would earn a golden opportunity to tie the game when both Logan Day and Ryan McLeod were sent to the penalty box to give Colorado a full, two-minute, 5-on-3 power play in the final seven minutes of the contest. Despite generating several looks, the Eagles would not be able to find the back of the net, falling by a final score of 3-2.
Colorado finished the night going 1-for-8 on the man-advantage, while Bakersfield converted on two of five chances on the power play. The Eagles outshot the Condors by a final count of 31-22.
The Eagles return to action when they travel to the SAP Center in San Jose, California to take on the San Jose Barracuda on Friday, November 22nd at 8:00pm MT.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid