P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2
HARTFORD, CT. - Ryan Fitzgerald recorded his second multi-point game of the year and Jack Studnicka scored his fourth goal in the last five games, but the Providence Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2, on Saturday night.
Kyle Keyser recorded 24 saves in the loss.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 2 0 0 2
HARTFORD 2 1 2 5
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"We started out well. We got up 2-0 and were able to capitalize on a power play. I thought we had some sustained shifts on the forecheck and in the offensive zone, which was exactly what we wanted to do. We took a couple penalties, which has really been a problem for us recently. That put us back on our heels and suddenly it was 2-2. The second period I thought we played really well. We forced them into penalty trouble and had some extended zone time. I think we put up a bunch of chances. The third period, though, I thought our push just wasn't where we wanted it to be. Overall, it's disappointing. There were spurts that we liked, but we obviously did not like the end result and some other parts of our game. We've got some work to do this week."
RYAN FITZGERALD - ONE GOAL, ONE ASSIST
"It was good to get that quick first goal. It can be weird scoring that quick into the game as a team because sometimes you kind of sit back on your heels. I think we just need to work on playing a complete game.
"I think it just comes down to capitalizing on our chances. We had the looks and unfortunately couldn't connect on them, which ended up costing us."
- Jack Studnicka scored a goal for the second consecutive game. He has recorded four goals and two assists for six points in his last six contests.
- Ryan Fitzgerald opened the scoring for Providence and added an assist in the first period. He has scored five goals and collected four helpers this season.
- Cameron Hughes and Brendan Gaunce each recorded one assist in the loss.
- The Bruins will return to Providence to take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Friday, November 22 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Islanders
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Rally from Behind, Defeat Bridgeport Islanders, 5-3
- Providence Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Islanders, 3-1
- Asselin's Hat Trick Leads P-Bruins to Third Consecutive Victory in 6-3 Win over Bridgeport Islanders
- Providence Bruins Pick up Second Consecutive Win with 5-3 Victory over Springfield Thunderbirds
- Swayman Returns, P-Bruins Score Five Goals to Take Down Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-1