Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting
The Milwaukee Admirals got the better of the Belleville Senators 4-2 Saturday night in the first ever meeting between the two teams.
Belleville's Filip Gustavsson made 14 saves before being replaced by Marcus Hogberg for the third who stopped eight shots. Morgan Klimchuk, Rudolfs Balcers had goals for the Sens. Milwaukee's Connor Ingram turned away 28 shots as Cole Schneider, Rem Pitlick, Daniel Carr and Jeremy Davies scored.
A fast-paced first period, that didn't see a whistle for the first 6:38, saw Milwaukee jump out to a 1-0 lead courtesy of a power play goal through Schneider who banged in a rebound after Gustavsson had made a pad save.
Belleville found the tying goal through Klimchuk's first of the year at 15:59 as a Ads defenceman's clearing attempt hit the skate of Cole Cassels and the puck fell right to Klimchuk in the slot who made no mistake to tie the game. The Admirals restored the lead 59 seconds later though through another power play goal as Pitlick tipped in Alex Carrier's point shot from the high slot.
Carr pushed Milwaukee's lead to 3-1 6:46 into the second as from the right faceoff circle, the veteran forward beat Gustavsson blocker side for his ninth of the season. But Belleville cut into the lead as Balcers grabbed his third of the season on the man advantage as the Latvian tipped home Josh Norris' point shot at 13:15 to cut Milwaukee's advantage to 3-2.
The Admirals got a big goal late in the second through Davies who buried a one-timer with 11.2 seconds left in the period after Colin Blackwell had chipped the puck up to himself after Belleville was caught in an awkward change.
Hogberg replaced Gustavsson to start the third but no scoring took place despite the teams combining for 17 shots.
Belleville is back at it Wednesday when they host Manitoba for the first time this season. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.