Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals
LAVAL - The Rocket hosted the Milwaukee Admirals for the first time on home-ice at Place Bell, Friday evening. The visitors were dominant from start to finish and captured a 5-2 win over the Rocket. Powerplays were a factor in this game with four of the seven goals coming on the man advantage. It was the Rocket's first regulation loss in nine outings.
It took only 59 seconds for Milwaukee to score the first goal of the game off the stick of Yakov Trenin. The Admirals doubled their tally when Matt Donovan netted his first of the season at the halfway mark of the frame. The Rocket's lack of discipline cost them two goals early in the second period. Anthony Richard capitalized on an odd-man rush to cushion the Admirals tally. Former Rocket player Daniel Carr shot a laser from the right faceoff circle to give Milwaukee a 4-0 lead.
The home team finally got on the score sheet when Lukas Vejdemo made sure to place the puck behind Troy Grosenick after Riley Barber's shot bounced off the post on the powerplay. With the goal, the Swede tied teammate Alex Belzile for first in scoring on the team. Barber earned an assist on the goal. Rem Pitlick restored his team's four-goal lead to conclude the second period with a dominant 5-1 advantage.
Dominating the shot counter 15 to 6 in the third period, Charles Hudon narrowed the gap by sending a bullet past Grosenick on the powerplay from the right faceoff circle. Tallying his ninth of the season, the left-winger leads the Rocket in goals. Matthew Peca and Michael McCarron registered helpers on the goal. The goal wasn't enough to shift the momentum for the Rocket en route to a 5-2 loss.
"It's obvious that we made some big mistakes at different positions [in the lineup] during the game that we weren't making before. [...] We gave them the momentum; they didn't take it from us. [...] Tomorrow, I want a stable game, I want us to play the way we've played in the past few weeks," said head coach JoÃ«l Bouchard.
LAV: Vejdemo (Barber) | Hudon (Peca, McCarron)
MIL: Trenin (Blackwell) | Donovan (Novak, Trenin) | Richard (Trenin) | Carr (Blackwell, Carrier) | Pitlick (Dauphin)
Unités spéciales/Special teams
LAV | AN/PP: (2/8) | IN/PK: (4/6)
MIL | AN/PP: (2/6) | IN/PK: (6/8)
LAV : Lindgren (26/31) | MIL : Grosenick (33/35)
Trois étoiles/Three stars
1. Carrier - MIL 2. Trenin - MIL 3. Richard - MIL
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.