Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Heat dropped a 5-2 contest to divisional foe Tucson Friday night at Stockton Arena, a tight game that loosened late against the Roadrunners. The Heat fell behind 1-0 until Zac Leslie lit the lamp early in the second frame, knotting the contest at a goal apiece, but the Roadrunners reclaimed momentum just 57 seconds later as Kelly Klima found the back of the net for a 2-1 edge. After the visitors popped in a third score, Stockton found a counter late in the second as Byron Froese redirected a puck past Eric Comrie to tighten the game heading into the final period, but two late goals from the Roadrunners put the game out of reach. Stockton will return to action tomorrow night as the team plays host to the San Jose Barracuda at 6 p.m.
W: Eric Comrie (24 shots, 22 saves)
L: Jon Gillies (28 shots, 23 saves)
Three Stars: First - Hudson Fasching (2g), Second - Kyle Capobianco (2a), Third - Tyler Steenbergen (2a)
Shots On Goal: STK - 24, TUC - 28
Power Plays: STK - 0-4, TUC - 0-5
- Justin Kirkland extended his assist streak to four games, bringing his total to seven over that span with a helper on Stockton's first goal of the night.
- Byron Froese's goal to draw within a goal late in the second was his eighth of the season, pulling him into a tie with Buddy Robinson for the team lead with eight on the year.
- The loss snaps a five-start streak for Jon Gillies of Stockton earning at least one point.
- Stockton is now 1-1-0-2 on the year when going scoreless on the power play.
- The Heat are 0-2-1-1 against Tucson in four meetings this season.
- Matthew Gaudreau made his Heat debut in the contest.
The Heat will host the San Jose Barracuda for a canned food drive Saturday at 6 p.m., the final home game of November. All fans who bring two cans of food will get a free ticket to the game. More information is available at StocktonHeat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2019
- Condors Rally Past Eagles, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Rally in Third for Dramatic 3-2 Win - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Blanked by Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Wild Tame Wolves in 3-0 Win - Iowa Wild
- Primeau, Rocket Shut out Sound Tigers with a 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Sens Beaten by Admirals in First Ever Meeting - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Edge Comets for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Win Fifth in a Row, Beat Phantoms, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Pack Shrugs off Early Deficit in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Monsters, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Amerks - Utica Comets
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Ads Top Sens for 7th Straight Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Special Teams Struggle In 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- T-Birds' "Special" Effort Secures Win in Binghamton - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Goalie Duel Goes Hershey's Way in Rematch 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bridgeport blanked by goaltender Cayden Primeau on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Fall 8-4 to Toronto Marlies - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ruggiero from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Connauton Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch to Wear "I Fight For" Patches During Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Smith, Assign Ehn - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Open Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Take on Barracuda Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Lewington and Samsonov Assigned to Bears, Boyd and Vanecek Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 16 at Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Admirals, November 16 - Belleville Senators
- Reign Swamped by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Five in a Row, Again - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Wreck Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Stockton Falls Friday against Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Berdin Big again in OT Win - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Admirals - Laval Rocket
- Berdin Leads Moose Past Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Miska Notches 39-Save Shutout in 3-0 Blanking of Condors - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.