Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C.
The Toronto Marlies' annual Toronto Boat Show Road Trip rolls on through Charlotte N.C. for a pair of games against the defending Calder Cup Champions.
The Marlies will have their work cut out for them this weekend as they enter the back half of this eight-game road swing with a back-to-back against the Checkers. It will be a rematch of the 2019 Eastern Conference Finals tonight as these two teams meet for the first time since the the Checkers edged the Marlies in double overtime in game six of the series.
The Checkers are finding continued success this season and are red hot coming into tonight's game, riding the high of a three-game win streak with only one loss in their past 10 contests. The Marlies have struggled to find consistency lately and will be looking to rebound following a 4-3 loss to San Antonio on Thursday. "When we're successful, we're consistent," said Marlies head coach Greg Moore following today's morning skate. "We're having a hard time as a group finding that. We have to be pros and find a way to prepare ourselves, have the right mindset and not allow transitions of the game to alter what our next rep is like."
The Marlies will welcome back Trevor Moore, who joins the team for a conditioning loan. Other players to watch tonight include:
Pontus Aberg has points (1-2-3) in consecutive games.
Kenny Agostino has points (3-3-6) in six consecutive games.
Jeremy Bracco has assists (3) in three consecutive games.
Tyler Gaudet has assists (2) in consecutive games.
Nic Petan has points (5-2-7) in three consecutive games.
Scott Pooley has goals (3) in consecutive games.
Puck drops at 6:00 PM EST on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
21-15-2-1 Overall Record 22-14-3-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
0-1-0-0 Streak 3-0-0-0
129 Goals For 125
121 Goals Against 104
23.2% Power Play Percentage 21.7%
78.8% Penalty Kill Percentage 88.6%
K. Agostino (19) Leading Goal Scorer J. Gauthier (18)
P. Aberg (32)
K. Agostino (32) Leading Points Scorer J. Kuokkanen (31)
K. Kaskisuo (11) Wins Leader A. Nedeljkovic (11)
A. Forsberg (11)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Islanders
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Marlies Look for Redemption against Laval
- Ticketing Update - Marlies vs. Thunderbirds December 4th
- Marlies Host Monsters in Second Half of Back-To-Back
- Marlies Open up First Half of Back-To-Back in Cleveland
- Marlies Look to Complete Back-To-Back with Win vs. Cleveland