De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned center Chase De Leo, left wing Max Jones and right wing Daniel Sprong to the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the club has recalled left wing Blake Pietila from San Diego.
De Leo, 24 (10/25/95), has appeared in four career NHL games with Anaheim and Winnipeg, collecting a +2 rating. A native of La Mirada, CA, De Leo made his NHL season debut Jan. 16 at Nashville. Acquired from Winnipeg in exchange for Nic Kerdiles June 30, 2018, De Leo has earned 72-103=175 points in 307 career AHL games with San Diego and Manitoba. The 5-9, 180-pound center owns 7-6=13 points with a +1 rating in 30 games with San Diego this season.
Jones, 21 (2/17/98), posted five goals and two assists in 37 games with the Ducks this season. Since making his NHL debut last season, Jones has registered 7-5=12 points with 32 PIM in 67 career NHL games. Selected by Anaheim in the first round (24th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Jones owns 15-15=30 points and a +5 rating in 49 career AHL games.
Sprong, 22 (3/17/97), posted 1-1=2 points in eight games with Anaheim. The 5-11, 191-pound forward scored his third career PPG (all with Anaheim) in a 5-4 shootout win Jan. 5 vs. Nashville. Acquired from Pittsburgh in exchange for Marcus Pettersson Dec. 3, 2018, Sprong has registered 7-13=20 points in 26 games with the Gulls this season and returns to San Diego co-leading the club in assists.
Pietila, 26 (2/20/93), has collected 1-3=4 points and 12 penalty minutes (PIM) in 38 career NHL games with New Jersey. Signed as a free agent July 2, 2019, Pietila appeared in 32 games with San Diego this season, posting 7-7=14 points. The 5-11, 180 pound forward has recorded 66-66=132 points in 249 career AHL games with Albany, Binghamton and San Diego.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls, Anaheim Ducks & Anaheim Arena Management Announce Plan for Part-Time Employees
- San Diego Gulls Provide Meals to Local Hospitals
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jack Badini and Hunter Drew to Entry-Level Contracts
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Trevor Zegras to Entry-Level Contract
- Statement from the San Diego Gulls