Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM
(Hershey, PA) - Tonight, the Hershey Bears battle the Hartford Wolf Pack for the fourth of six meetings this season. The Bears look for retribution after falling to the Wolf Pack on home ice, 2-1, on Jan. 8.
Hershey Bears (23-13-2-3) vs. Hartford Wolf Pack (23-10-3-5)
January 18, 2020 | 7 PM | Game #42 | Giant Center
Referees: Corey Syvret (42), Anthony Tapper (9)
Linesmen: Colin Gates (3), Bob Goodman (90)
Ticket Information: http://www.hersheybears.com/tickets/single-game.php
Tonight's Promotion: Giant Food Drive Night
Broadcast Information (Pre-game 6:30 p.m.)
RADIO: WQIC-100.1 FM, Fox Sports 1460-AM, WOYK-1350 AM, Voice of the Bears Zack Fisch, Dave Fenyves and Jim Jones on the call.
LISTEN LIVE: Fox Sports AM-1460 Stream, Caps Radio 24/7
WATCH LIVE: AHLTV
LAST TIME OUT:
The Bears return to the ice tonight after falling 5-4 on Wednesday evening in Charlotte. The Chocolate and White trailed 5-1 after 40 minutes of action, but the club bolted back with a three-goal third period to push the game to the wire. Hershey scored at 11:51, 15:24, and 16:57 to cut the Charlotte lead to just a goal. Despite the valliant comeback attempt, Hershey was unable to find the equalizer despite sustained offensive-zone time in the closing minute. The Wolf Pack were in action last night at Utica, dropping a 6-3 decision. Utica's Justin Bailey recorded a hat-trick as the Wolf Pack dropped a third straight contest away from the XL Center.
ONE AND DONE:
In each of the past two contests, and in four of the past five games, the Bears have been awarded just one power play. Hershey has failed to produce on the man-advantage in each of those games. Additionally, in two of the three games versus Hartford this year, the Bears have also had just one power play. Hershey's opponents have been issued 413 penalty minutes this season, averaging 10.7 penalty minutes per game. Overall, the Bears rank 24th in the league on the power play at 14.3%.
PHIL THE THRILL:
Hershey forward Philippe Maillet recorded three assists in Wednesday's game at Charlotte, giving him his 5th multi-point game this season. With his strong night, Maillet became the 4th different Bear to post three assists in a game this season. His career-best in single-game assists is four, posted most recently with Ontario on Feb. 6, 2019 at San Diego. In his first season with Hershey, Maillet has produced 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists) in 40 games.
Defender Eddie Wittchow has scored in two consecutive contests entering tonight's matchup with Hartford. He has also posted points in three straight games. Wittchow has now tallied four goals in just 16 games with Hershey since his recall from South Carolina (ECHL) on Nov. 25. Wittchow is one goal away from tying his personal-best mark of five goals, established over 59 games with the Springfield Thunderbirds in 2017-18.
Hershey's Brian Pinho is coming off his second two-goal performance this month, striking twice in Wednesday's game at Charlotte. He has points in three straight games...Tyler Lewington established a new single-game career-high in penalty minutes in Wednesday's game with 25...The Bears recalled forward Matt Weis from South Carolina (ECHL) on Thursday. He has played in two games with Hershey and has 24 points in 29 games with the Stingrays...Tonight marks Hershey forward Shane Gersich's 100th AHL game...Defender Christian Djoos is one point from 100 in his AHL career.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Islanders
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Announce Ticket Information, Key Promotional Dates for 2021-22 Season
- Bears Sign Goaltender Ryan Bednard to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Defenseman Jordan Subban to AHL Contract
- Scott Allen Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears, Steve Bergin Hired as Assistant Coach
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract