Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss
Saturday, January 18, 2020
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsCOL.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Zac Leslie with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
Stockton looks to halt its first regulation losing streak of the season as the Heat play host to the visiting Colorado Eagles for the front end of a two-game set at Stockton Arena. The meeting is the first between the Pacific Division foes this year in Stockton, the Heat and Eagles having faced off four times already on the year in Loveland.
The Heat enter the contest 3-1-0-0 on the year against Colorado and are 9-2-0-1 all-time against the AHL's newest member club, including a 3-0-0-1 mark at Stockton Arena against the Eagles.
BEAT THE STREAK
It took 37 games for the Heat to lose back-to-back contests in regulation, and Stockton will look to put an end to the club's brief skid with Saturday's contest. The Heat entered Friday's contest against Ontario a perfect 7-0 following regulation setbacks with a 34-15 scoring margin and 16-2 differential in the third period, but the Reign jumped out to an early 3-0 lead and did not look back in Friday's tilt at Toyota Arena.
OH MY GAWDIN
Stockton's AHL All-Star Classic representative Glenn Gawdin snapped a five-game scoreless streak with his second period marker Friday night to put the Heat on the board. Gawdin has enjoyed a breakout sophomore campaign, having already surpassed his rookie season goal total and he now trails his freshman scoring output by just two points.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH
Stockton has proven to be rude hosts to the AHL's newest team, the Heat going 9-2-0-1 in the young all-time series against the Colorado Eagles. Within that mark is a 3-0-0-1 record at Stockton Arena, with the Heat totaling an impressive 19 goals in the four all-time meetings with the Eagles on home ice. The Heat have recorded four or more goals in nine of the 12 contests against Colorado.
SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS
Stockton piled on the shots against Ontario Friday, peppering Cal Petersen with a season-best 51 shots. The Heat have been strong in most situations all season but have thrived when being outshot by opponents, coming into Saturday's contest 9-6-1-2 when having the upper hand in shot count but going 13-3-1-1 when trailing in shots on goal.
BRACE FOR THE BEARS
The Heat have struck first in three-straight Teddy Bear Toss games, highlight by Brett Findlay's goal 19 seconds into the contest against Ontario on January 20, 2018. Last season, it was Alan Quine who made the fur fly with his goal toward the end of the first period, followed by Stockton goals from Glenn Gawdin, Dillon Dube and Rinat Valiev en route to a 4-2 win over Texas. All-time, the Heat are 3-1-0-0 in Teddy Bear Toss games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Islanders
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.