Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the San Diego Gulls at 7 p.m. on Girls Rock Night celebrating influential women in our community. Doors will open at 4:45 p.m. for a special speaker panel. You only need a game ticket to attend the pre-game panel. Tickets are available online at AXS.com or at the Mechanics Bank Arena Box Office which opens at noon. Great seats start at just $12.
PROMOTION DETAILS: We celebrate and honor women doing amazing things in our community with a special pre-game panel beginning at 5 p.m. presented by Eyewitness News and Energy 95.3 FM. All doors will open at 4:45 p.m. and you only need a game ticket to attend the panel which will be held in the Budweiser 5-Hole Suite. During the game, inspirational video messages from various leaders in the community will be played in addition to Mary McGill, Bakersfield Fire Department's lone female firefighter winding the pre-game siren.
EAT & DRINK
Chicken Parm Sliders
Enjoy the Ice Level Lounge (21+) with games, TV's, bars, and music next to the glass. Just need a ticket to the game!
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: C Cooper Marody and RW Kirill Maksimov
The Bakersfield Condors and San Diego Gulls play game five of an eight-game season series. Bakersfield owns a 3-1-0 record through four games against the Gulls so far this year.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield dropped a 6-2 decision to Colorado a night ago. C Ryan McLeod scored his fourth of the season and D Jake Kulevich scored his third of the month in the setback. G Shane Starrett started for the Condors, but gave way to G Stuart Skinner with just over three minutes left in the first period.
San Diego won its fourth straight last night, 4-1, at home against Tucson. Four different players scored for the Gulls and C Sam Carrick chipped in with two helpers. G Kevin Boyle stopped 34 of 35 in the victory.
BEST STRETCH OF 10
Despite last night's loss, the Condors stretch of points in seven of 10 is their best of the season. The team has collected 13 points and is 6-3-1 over that span. Bakersfield has not dropped three consecutive games within gaining a point this season.
AS KOOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW
D Jake Kulevich has provided offense of late from the blue line. The second-year Condors d-man has three goals in his last seven games, all coming in the month of January. Over his last 10 games, Kulevich has six points (3g-3a).
Bakersfield has used 34 players, including three goaltenders. In 2018-19, the team used 36 players total in the regular season.
Last night was LW Luke Esposito's 100th game as a Condor... D Evan Bouchard leads all rookie d-men with seven goals and is second among all rookie d-men in scoring... The Condors power play failed to convert for the first time in five games last night... D Brandon Manning had an assist last night and has four assists in eight games since being assigned by Edmonton.
C Sam Carrick is tied for the Gulls all-time lead in goals with 64 goals in 168 games. He has 15 goals in his last 17 games... G Anthony Stolarz is 1-1-1 against the Condors this season. He was named to the AHL All-Star team... The Gulls penalty kill has killed off 28/29 (96.6%) over the past five games... RW Troy Terry has six points (1g-5a) in four games since returning from injury.
1/13 - D Vincent Desharnais recalled from Wichita
1/13 - G Dylan Wells assigned to Wichita
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Islanders
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.