Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield
BAKERSFIELD, CA. - Six different Eagles netted a goal, while five skaters earned multi-point performances as Colorado defeated the Bakersfield Condors 6-2 on Friday. Forwards Erik Condra, Shane Bowers, T.J. Tynan and Jayson Megna all finished the night with a pair of points, while forward Martin Kaut collected three assists in the victory. Eagles goaltender Adam Werner earned his 14th win of the season, stopping 23 of the 25 shots he faced.
Colorado would jump on the scoreboard just 1:25 into the contest when Anton Lindholm fed a pass to the low slot where Bowers would deflect the puck into the back of the net to give Colorado a 1-0 edge. The tally now gives Bowers goals in three straight contests and points in seven straight games.
The lead would expand minutes later when defenseman Calle Rose snapped a wrister from the blue line that would beat Condors goalie Shane Starrett to put the Eagles on top 2-0 at the 8:39 mark of the first period.
A power play would stretch Colorado's advantage even further, as forward Sheldon Dries would field a cross-slot pass in the right-wing circle and blast a shot home to give the Eagles a 3-0 lead with 3:26 left to play in the opening 20 minutes of action. The goal would also spell the end of the night for Starett who would give way to Stuart Skinner in net for the duration.
Still leading 3-0 as the two teams took to the ice for the second period, Colorado would waste little time in extending its lead once again. Condra would notch his 11th goal of the season when he collected a pass at the side of the crease and fed the puck past Skinner to make it 4-0 just 5:36 into the middle frame.
Bakersfield would finally break through late in the period when forward Ryan McLeod settled a rebound on top of the crease and lifted a shot past Werner to trim Colorado's advantage to 4-1 with 3:11 remaining in the second stanza.
The third period would see the Condors eat into the Eagles lead once again, as defenseman Jake Kulevich would tip a shot at the front of the crease into the back of the net to slice Colorado's edge to 4-2 at the 7:41 mark of the final frame.
The Eagles would strike back when Megna hammered a one-timer from the bottom of the left-wing circle past Skinner to put Colorado on top, 5-2 with 5:53 left to play in the contest.
A late power play would cement the night for the Eagles, as defenseman Jacob MacDonald would bury a shot from the blue line to give Colorado a 6-2 advantage at the 15:51 mark of the third period. Werner and company would hold strong through the duration and the Eagles would walk away with the 6-2 victory.
Colorado finished the night going 2-for-3 on the power play and a perfect 2-for-2 on the penalty kill, as each team finished the game with 25 shots on goal.
The Eagles return to action when they travel to take on the Stockton Heat on Saturday, January 18th at 7:00pm MT at Stockton Arena in Stockton, California.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- O'Connor Nets a Pair in Colorado's 4-3 Victory at Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Bellerive Guides Pens Past Rampage in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Sens Storm Back to Win in Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Earns Thrilling 4-3 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss at Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Amerks Blanked by Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Quinney Hat Trick Carries Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco, Chaput and Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Carey Scores His 100th Goal with Lehigh Valley in 4-0 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ritchie Scores Twice, Frederic Has Three-Point Night as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Jobst nets power-play goal in Saturday setback at Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Scare off Monsters at Home - Utica Comets
- Monsters End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss in Utica - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Top Wolf Pack in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Alex Volkov Records Hat Trick in 6-5 Win over Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall To Crunch, 6-5 - Binghamton Devils
- Lewington the Difference as Hershey Takes OT Battle - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lorentz Scores Stunning Shootout Winner to Beat Toronto - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Scorers Silent in 3-0 Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Recall Howdeshell from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flames Assign Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- De Leo, Jones and Sprong Join Gulls; Pietila Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Mitchell Stephens, Luke Schenn to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Returns Goaltender Tomas Sholl to Idaho - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through Charlotte, N.C. - Toronto Marlies
- Mark Friedman Loaned to Phantoms by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Rochester Americans
- Heat Host Eagles for Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Condors Conclude Homestand with Girls Rock Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Assign Savage, Magwood - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 37 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Stumble In San Diego To Start Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Petersen Stout in 5-1 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Start Second Half by Topping Powerful Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Six Eagles Light the Lamp in 6-2 Win at Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Slowed by Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Fall Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Eagles Sign Four Avalanche Draft Picks to Tryout Agreements
- Eagles Sign Forward Alexandre Fortin to AHL Contract
- Colorado Eagles to Begin 2020-21 AHL Season February 5th
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient