Game #35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado
Game #35 - Tucson (20-10-3-1) at Colorado (17-14-3-1)
7:05 PM MST, Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colorado
Referees: #86 Chris Brown, #54 Olivier Gouin
Linesmen: #53 Erik Contino, #92 Jon Shaw
Embarking on a two-game road trip before settling in for their longest home stand of the season, six games from January 21 - February 2, the Roadrunners open up a back-to-back series against the Colorado Eagles this evening at the Budweiser Events Center as they begin the second half of the campaign.
Tonight marks the fifth of 12 scheduled meetings between the teams this season, and the third of six to be played in Colorado.
The Roadrunners are 1-3-0-0 in their previous four games played against the Eagles this season, two of their three losses coming on the road on November 2 and 3 during their first-ever trip to Loveland.
Entering the night, Tucson has won each of its past three games played in opposing buildings, their longest stretch of consecutive wins away from Tucson Arena this season.
Goaltender Adin Hill, re-assigned to the Roadrunners on Monday, will be back with the team for a game in an active role for the first time since November 21, his previous AHL start, when he earned a win stopping 25-of-27 shots faced to help Tucson to its 3-2 victory over the Stockton Heat.
After netting 17 goals over a three-game span, the Eagles were held scoreless in suffering a 2-0 loss to the Bakersfield Condors on Saturday - the third time they've been shutout this year.
Colorado, ironically, is the only team to have shutout the Roadrunners this season, coming by way of Spencer Martin's 22-save performance at Tucson Arena on December 12, a 2-0 Eagles win.
THREE THINGS ADIN'S TIME: Adin Hill will certainly get plenty of playing time as the Roadrunners hit a heavy section of schedule that calls for six games over the next nine days. In six AHL starts this season, Hill is 4-1-0 with a 3.22 GAA and a .871 SV%. The 22-year-old netminder posted a 7-5-0 record in 11 starts and 13 appearances with the Arizona Coyotes during his NHL recall.
POINTS FOR PEDERSON: Coming off his fourth multi-point performance of the season with two assists in the Roadrunners' 3-2 win over the Chicago Wolves Saturday night, forward Lane Pederson has now found the score sheet in seven of the team's last eight games. In four games against the Eagles this year, he has three points (2G, 1A), including a goal in the teams' first-ever meeting on November 2.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: Colorado has earned 25 of its 38 standings points on home ice this season, playing outstanding hockey of late at the Budweiser Events Center, earning points in eight of its last 10 played as hosts (7-2-0-1). The Roadrunners can match their season-long road point streak tonight, a run of five games from October 12-27, with a win or a OTL/SOL. Tucson is 3-0-1-0 in its previous four games as visitors.
NUMBER TO KNOW FOUR: The Roadrunners have scored four or more goals on 15 occasions this season, nearly half of their games played, and have posted a 13-0-2-0 record when doing so, earning points each time.
GAMEDAY VIDEO [embedded content]
WE'RE DOING IT LIVE You can catch tonight's action at Brother John's Beer Bourbon & BBQ, the official watch party location for all Roadrunners road games during the 2018-19 season. A live telecast is available on AHLTV; Roadrunners play-by-play broadcaster Adrian Denny will have the radio call on AM 1450 Fox Sports Tucson, with coverage starting at 6:45 PM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Crunch Snap Five-Game Skid with 5-3 Victory over Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Redmond Ties Franchise Record, Has Career-High Four-Point Night in 5-4 Win over Penguins - Rochester Americans
- Wild and High-Scoring See-Saw Battle at Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Tops Lehigh Valley in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Lose to Americans, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Win 2-1 in First Shootout of Season - Providence Bruins
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Comeback Falls Short in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Devils Streak Ends in 5-3 Loss at Utica - Binghamton Devils
- Depth Prevails in Comets Win over Devils - Utica Comets
- HEAT NEWS Heat Sign Rob Hamilton to Standard Player's Contract - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Louie Belpedio - Iowa Wild
- Sunday's Game against Hershey Moved to Monday, January 21 at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sunday's Game at Bridgeport Moved to Monday at 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Joel L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Andrew Poturalski Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Grosenick Selected for AHL All-Star Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game #35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Logan Shaw Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Hogberg Benefits from Time in Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Poturalski, Shaw, Grosenick, L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Rosters - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan F Juho Lammikko to Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Reign Sign Craig Wyszomirski to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Marek Mazanec from Hartford, Assign Alexandar Georgiev - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Look to Take Back End of Two-Game Set at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sign Jordan Samuels-Thomas to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch and Binghamton Devils Announce Game Time Change for January 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Change: Saturday's Game vs. Syracuse Changed to 5:05 p.m. Start - Binghamton Devils
- Promotions Set for Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Recall Cederholm, Sign Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Hot Dogs Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Paterson Loaned Back to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Sunday's P-Bruins Game Postponed Due to Weather; Rescheduled for Monday - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Road Game Postponed - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Comets Announce Game Time Change - Utica Comets
- Thunderbirds Visit Two Division Rivals Friday and Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hitchcock Loaned to Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Bakersfield Takes Two, Roadrunners Still Enter All-Star Break Atop Pacific Division
- Game 40 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson
- Roadrunners Return Home Spoiled, Rematch Set For Tomorrow
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson