Andrew Poturalski Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today several changes to the playing rosters for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield, to be held January 27-28 in Springfield, Mass.
Charlotte Checkers forward Andrew Poturalski has been added to the Atlantic Division roster; and Manitoba Moose forward Logan Shaw, Milwaukee Admirals goaltender Troy Grosenick and Texas Stars forward Joel L'Esperance have been added to the Central Division roster for next week's event.
In addition, Charlotte's Janne Kuokkanen, Manitoba's Mason Appleton, Rockford's Collin Delia and Chicago's Brandon Pirri will be unavailable for the event.
Poturalski is currently tied for third in the AHL in scoring with 42 points (17g, 25a) in 42 games for the Checkers. Shaw has 26 points in 32 AHL games this season, including 21 points in 25 games with the Moose. Grosenick ranks third in the league with a .921 save percentage and eighth with a 2.46 goals-against average in 22 appearances for the Admirals. L'Esperance ranks first among AHL rookies and second overall with 22 goals for the Stars this season.
A limited number of tickets for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield are still available at springfieldthunderbirds.com/allstar. Priced at $39, $49, $59 and $99, tickets include admission to both the Skills Competition on Jan. 27 (7 p.m.) and the All-Star Challenge on Jan. 28 (7 p.m.).
The All-Star Classic also includes the AHL Hall of Fame Induction and Awards Ceremony, to be held at MGM Springfield on Jan. 28 (11 a.m.). The ceremony will feature the induction of John Anderson, Don Cherry, Murray Eaves and Brad Smyth as the AHL Hall of Fame Class of 2019, and will celebrate the careers of honorary All-Star Classic captains Shawn Thornton and Rob Murray.
The 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield will feature the top young talent in the American Hockey League: since 1995, more than 95 percent of All-Star Classic participants have gone on to compete in the National Hockey League, including Jake Allen, Cam Atkinson, Patrice Bergeron, Ben Bishop, John Carlson, Zdeno Chara, Logan Couture, Connor Hellebuyck, Braden Holtby, Tyler Johnson, Martin Jones, Jonathan Marchessault, Brandon Montour, William Nylander, Zach Parise, Kyle Palmieri, Mikko Rantanen, Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne, Jason Spezza, P.K. Subban and Mats Zuccarello.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League serves as the top development league for the players, coaches, managers, executives, broadcasters and staff of all 31 National Hockey League teams. More than 87 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and more than 100 honored members of the Hockey Hall of Fame spent time in the AHL in their careers. In 2017-18, over 6 million fans attended AHL regular-season and playoff games across North America for the 17th year in a row.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Crunch Snap Five-Game Skid with 5-3 Victory over Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Redmond Ties Franchise Record, Has Career-High Four-Point Night in 5-4 Win over Penguins - Rochester Americans
- Wild and High-Scoring See-Saw Battle at Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Tops Lehigh Valley in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Lose to Americans, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Win 2-1 in First Shootout of Season - Providence Bruins
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Comeback Falls Short in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Devils Streak Ends in 5-3 Loss at Utica - Binghamton Devils
- Depth Prevails in Comets Win over Devils - Utica Comets
- HEAT NEWS Heat Sign Rob Hamilton to Standard Player's Contract - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Louie Belpedio - Iowa Wild
- Sunday's Game against Hershey Moved to Monday, January 21 at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sunday's Game at Bridgeport Moved to Monday at 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Joel L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Andrew Poturalski Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Grosenick Selected for AHL All-Star Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game #35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Logan Shaw Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Hogberg Benefits from Time in Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Poturalski, Shaw, Grosenick, L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Rosters - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan F Juho Lammikko to Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Reign Sign Craig Wyszomirski to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Marek Mazanec from Hartford, Assign Alexandar Georgiev - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Look to Take Back End of Two-Game Set at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sign Jordan Samuels-Thomas to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch and Binghamton Devils Announce Game Time Change for January 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Change: Saturday's Game vs. Syracuse Changed to 5:05 p.m. Start - Binghamton Devils
- Promotions Set for Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Recall Cederholm, Sign Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Hot Dogs Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Paterson Loaned Back to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Sunday's P-Bruins Game Postponed Due to Weather; Rescheduled for Monday - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Road Game Postponed - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Comets Announce Game Time Change - Utica Comets
- Thunderbirds Visit Two Division Rivals Friday and Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hitchcock Loaned to Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Checkers Stories
- Tracking Panthers Prospects and Former Checkers as Hockey Season Begins
- Checkers will not participate in 2020-21 AHL Season
- Checkers to Continue Affiliation with Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Charlotte Checkers Announce Affiliation with NHL's Florida Panthers
- 'Canes Agree to Terms with David and Jason Cotton