Heat Look to Take Back End of Two-Game Set at Bakersfield
Friday, January 18, 2019
Arena: Rabobank Arena
Date: Friday, January 18, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or by stopping by Channel Brewing Co. or Port City Bar and Grill. Hear Stockton's radio call of the game on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game to enter to win a puck signed by Marcus Hogstrom.
The Stockton Heat look to bounce back from Wednesday's 4-2 setback with a rematch against the Bakersfield Condors at Rabobank Arena. The Condors were able to take the front end of the two-game set behind a hat trick from Josh Currie and a 3-for-7 performance on the power play, while Stockton's Tyler Graovac and Alan Quine each notched two points in the midweek clash.
QUINE DOUBLES DOWN
Alan Quine enters Friday's game on a hot streak on the offensive end, having tallied 10 points (5g,5a) over Stockton's last five games. He started off the impressive run with back-to-back three-point nights, recording three assists on Jan. 5 then a hat trick on Jan. 9. He has since hit a goal and an assist in a game twice over the last three contests.
HOGSTROM MAKES DEBUT
Defenseman Marcus Hogstrom made his AHL debut on Wednesday, skating in a Heat sweater for the first time. The offseason signing had been rehabbing from an offseason injury and could provide a big boost to Stockton's blue line.
CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS
The Heat will look to continue their strong play under the Friday night lights, coming into tonight's game 6-4-1-0 on the year on Fridays, the best record for Stockton for any day of the week this year.
ON THE OFFENSIVE
The Heat have played back-to-back 'low scoring' games after a five-game home stand that saw Stockton and its opponents combine for 58 goals (27 for, 31 against) at Stockton Arena. Since closing out that span of games, the Heat played a 2-1 contest at San Jose on Sunday and a 4-2 game at Bakersfield. The lowest-scoring games (three tied) of Stockton's record-breaking home stand saw 11 goals scored.
FIRST GOAL'S FIRST
The first goal has proven to be a key for the Heat this season, with Stockton coming into tonight's game 8-3-2-0 on the year when scoring first and 8-11-1-0 when conceding first. The Heat have allowed opponents to take a 1-0 lead in nine consecutive games, going 3-6 in that span.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Crunch Snap Five-Game Skid with 5-3 Victory over Senators - Syracuse Crunch
- Redmond Ties Franchise Record, Has Career-High Four-Point Night in 5-4 Win over Penguins - Rochester Americans
- Wild and High-Scoring See-Saw Battle at Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Tops Lehigh Valley in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Lose to Americans, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Win 2-1 in First Shootout of Season - Providence Bruins
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Comeback Falls Short in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Devils Streak Ends in 5-3 Loss at Utica - Binghamton Devils
- Depth Prevails in Comets Win over Devils - Utica Comets
- HEAT NEWS Heat Sign Rob Hamilton to Standard Player's Contract - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Louie Belpedio - Iowa Wild
- Sunday's Game against Hershey Moved to Monday, January 21 at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Sunday's Game at Bridgeport Moved to Monday at 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Joel L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Andrew Poturalski Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - Charlotte Checkers
- Grosenick Selected for AHL All-Star Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game #35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Logan Shaw Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Hogberg Benefits from Time in Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Poturalski, Shaw, Grosenick, L'Esperance Added to 2019 AHL All-Star Classic Rosters - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan F Juho Lammikko to Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Reign Sign Craig Wyszomirski to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Rangers Recall Marek Mazanec from Hartford, Assign Alexandar Georgiev - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Look to Take Back End of Two-Game Set at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sign Jordan Samuels-Thomas to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch and Binghamton Devils Announce Game Time Change for January 19 - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Change: Saturday's Game vs. Syracuse Changed to 5:05 p.m. Start - Binghamton Devils
- Promotions Set for Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Recall Cederholm, Sign Mingo - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Hot Dogs Tonight at the Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Paterson Loaned Back to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Sunday's P-Bruins Game Postponed Due to Weather; Rescheduled for Monday - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Road Game Postponed - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, January 18 - Belleville Senators
- Comets Announce Game Time Change - Utica Comets
- Thunderbirds Visit Two Division Rivals Friday and Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hitchcock Loaned to Worcester - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.