Game #30: Tucson at Ontario
Regular Season Game #30 - Tucson Roadrunners at Ontario Reign
7:00 p.m. MST, Toyota Arena, Ontario, California
Referees: Jordan Deckard (14) Phillip Kasko (TBA)
Linesmen: Steven Walsh (85) Michael McBain (TBA)
The Tucson Roadrunners begin the final weekend of their six-game road trip with a pair of games against the Ontario Reign at the Toyota Arena. Saturday's game marks the first of the weekend, and first meeting between the Roadrunners and Reign since December 18, 2021, at the Toyota Arena. Tucson will look to stay perfect in Ontario this year with a win Saturday night.
1) The Roadrunners are back at the Toyota Arena for the second time this season, after a 4-3 comeback victory in overtime on December 18. Tucson overcame a 1-0 deficit midway through the first period, followed by 2-2 and 3-3 ties to head to overtime with the Los Angeles Kings AHL affiliate. Less than a minute into the extra three-on-three period, defenseman Vlad Kolyachonok netted his second overtime game-winning goal of the season, giving the Roadrunners their first of two-straight comeback wins on the road. The second came in the first contest of Tucson's current six-game road trip on January 12, with forward Cameron Hebig netting a crucial goal in each of the matchups.
2) Back in the crease Wednesday night for the Roadrunners in Bakersfield was goaltender Ivan Prosvetov. The 22-year-old has a 2-0 record against the Ontario Reign so far on the season to improve to 7-2 for his career. Ivan boasts three-straight wins in Ontario with a 4-1 record all-time as the visiting team against the Reign. In total, Prosvetov has allowed just four goals in three road wins this season, including a 29-save shutout to open the year in Stockton.
3) Forward Michael Carcone returned to the Roadrunners roster for Wednesday's game in Bakersfield against the Condors, and the 25-year-old buried the puck for his third power-play strike of the season, and second in as many games. Carcone now has a four-game active scoring streak dating back to January 5, as well as six points in as many games (4g 2a). Carcone has three points in three meetings with the Ontario Reign this season, including a multi-point outing back on November 12 at the Tucson Arena, an 8-4 Roadrunners victory.
What's The Word?
Roadrunners forward Travis Barron on entering the series with the Ontario Reign hungry for a pair of wins:
"Hockey's more fun when you get the two points. That's all we're concerned about right now and hopefully we can get a couple wins this weekend."
Number to Know
8 - The number of points recorded by rookie forward Matias Maccelli in only three games against the Ontario Reign. This includes a five-point night on November 12, that saw the 21-year-old tally his first career AHL hat trick. Maccelli enters the weekend series with the Reign having put up nine points in his last seven efforts, dating back to his two-assist night against the Ontario Reign on December 18.
We're Doing It Live
Tonight's game will be broadcast on AHLtv, as well as on the radio on Fox Sports 1450AM, or on the iHeartRadio app. Coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. MST with Roadrunners Warm-Up, as Jimmy Peebles gets you ready for the game before "Voice of the Roadrunners" Adrian Denny has the call at 7:00 p.m. live from Toyota Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2022
- Sikura Nets Winner to Push Eagles Win Streak to Seven - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Earn Point Saturday against Henderson - Stockton Heat
- Silver Knights Win, 4-3, in OT against the Heat - Henderson Silver Knights
- Griffins' Eight Game Home Point Streak Comes to an End - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Teddy Bears Fly, Bears Win over Hartford 5-0 - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Fall to Bears in First Half of Back-To-Back Set - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceHogs, Teply Shoot Down Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Providence Fights back to Beat Islanders - Bridgeport Islanders
- Texas Extends Point Streak to Four Games on Saturday - Texas Stars
- Grimaldi Hat Trick Propels Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Providence Bruins Rally from Behind, Defeat Bridgeport Islanders, 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Hershey Bears 2022 Teddy Bear Toss Sets New World Record - Hershey Bears
- Nylander, Puustinen Lead Penguins Rally for 3-2 OT Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Rally Past Crunch, 6-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Head Coach Kevin Dineen Earns 400th Win against Crunch - Utica Comets
- Marlies Fall to Penguins in Overtime - Toronto Marlies
- Kyle Criscuolo, Luke Witkowski Rejoin Taxi Squad - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Rally in 3rd to Top Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Tips Wolves in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Third-Period Explosion Lifts Checkers over Lehigh Valley - Charlotte Checkers
- 5 Things: Heat vs Henderson, 1.22.22 - Stockton Heat
- Wolves Battle in Frigid Winnipeg - Chicago Wolves
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Forward Liam Foudy to AHL's Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Fix-Wolansky and Gaunce Both Score Hat Tricks in Monsters 7-3 Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Kalynuk and Morris Join Blackhawks; Hardman Returns to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Panthers Recall Chase Priskie, Assign Evan Fitzpatrick to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Eagles Complete Multiple Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Greco, Reunanen to Taxi Squad, Assign Wall to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Eye Henderson Sweep Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game #30: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Visit Bears in Key Atlantic Division Showdown - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Owen Headrick to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Gemel Smith Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- IceHogs Celebrate 11th Annual Autism Awareness Night vs. Stars at the BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Henderson Defeated by Stockton, 3-1 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Heat Outlast Henderson in 3-1 Win - Stockton Heat
- Teply and Howarth Tally in Physical Loss to Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Wild Fall to Eagles in Colorado, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Annunen Backstops Colorado to 2-1 Win over Wild - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Take First of Two in Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Gardner and Tufte Each Net Two as Texas Topples Rockford - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Darcy Kuemper Wins Stanley Cup, Appeared with Tucson in 2020
- RRTV in the Community: Painting It Tucson
- Roadrunners, Dusty Host Summer Read-A-Longs at Bookmans
- Roadrunners Adopt Street in Downtown Tucson
- Alejandra Trujillo to Paint Roadrunners Inspired Mural at Boys & Girls Clubs