Christopher Brown Recalled from Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that forward Christopher Brown has been recalled from their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Brown has been on a tear for the Nailers lately, posting seven goals and 10 points in Wheeling's last 11 games. The Michigan-born forward's recent outburst has him up to 17 points (10G-7A) on the season, his first as a pro.
Brown signed an AHL contract with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this past summer on July 3, 2019. Prior to that, he played three games for the Penguins on an amateur tryout agreement at the end of the 2018-19 season. Brown snagged one point, an assist, in that time.
The 23-year-old forward was drafted in the 6th round (151st overall) by the Buffalo Sabres. He then went on to play four years of college hockey for Boston College. In his time with the Eagles, he played in 151 games, scoring 27 goals and tallying 72 points.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Friday, Jan. 10, against the Hershey Bears. Puck drop between the Penguins and Stars is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games are on sale now and can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, Ticketmaster.com, or by contacting the Penguins offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the Penguins' 2019-20 regular season, including Full Season, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV are available now. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2019-20 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2020
- Four-Goal First Period Leads Eagles to 5-1 Win over Tucson - Colorado Eagles
- Wolves Ride Special Teams to Win over Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Stumble in 5-1 Loss to Senators - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Shut out Moose to Begin Long Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Grosenick, Admirals Shutout Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Denied by Pickard, Griffins - Manitoba Moose
- Sharp-Shooting Wolf Pack Topple Checkers - Hartford Wolf Pack
- New Look Lineup Not Enough at Utica - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Overpower San Antonio Rampage - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Stumble against Rocket, 7-5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Lose in Shootout to Bears, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Formenton Hat-Trick Powers Sens to Win in Rochester - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport can't beat Samuel Montembeault despite 31 shots on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bailey's Hat Trick Powers Comets To Win Over Phantoms - Utica Comets
- Bears Edge Penguins in Shootout, 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Moose Reassign Forward Bobby Lynch - Manitoba Moose
- Win Streak Extended In 5-2 Win Over Monsters - Binghamton Devils
- Montembeault Magnificent in Shutout for T-Birds' 5th Straight Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers' Win Streak Comes to an End in Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Upended in Binghamton, 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding Friday's Marlies-Stars Game - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding Friday's Marlies-Stars Game - AHL
- IceHogs Unveil Specialty Jerseys for Autism Awareness/LEGO Night January 25 - Rockford IceHogs
- De Leo Recalled, Terry Joins San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Alex Volkov from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Prosvetov to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host First-Ever Wizards Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Youth Hockey Appearances Start with Leschyshyn - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Open Boat Show Road Trip Tonight in Texas - Toronto Marlies
- IceHogs Announce Schedule Change with Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Joel Hanley to Texas - Texas Stars
- Jets Reassign Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Agree to Terms on One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Defenseman Evan McEneny - Laval Rocket
- Three Rejoin Tucson from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Game Time for Saturday Changed to 1 PM - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 10, 2020 vs. Belleville Senators - Rochester Americans
- Senators Ink Todd to PTO - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Americans, January 10 - Belleville Senators
- Wahlstrom Back for Three-In-Three this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Christopher Brown Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game 34 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Acquire John Stevens for Future Considerations - Utica Comets
- Sound Tigers Make Trade with Utica - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton