Chris Driedger's 28 Save Shutout Stymies Ontario
Shore and Wright Score as Driedger Collects Second Shutout of the Season Defeat Bakersfield
The Firebirds defeated the Ontario Reign on Friday night by the final score of 2-0. Chris Driedger made 28 saves to earn his second shutout of the season.
The Firebirds hit the back of the net in the first period on a powerplay goal from Devin Shore. Shore tossed the puck towards the net where it ricocheted off Reign netminder David Rittich and into the goal at 6:31. The goal was Shore's third of the season and his second in as many games. Kole Lind and Ryker Evans earned the assists. Coachella Valley goaltender Chris Driedger made eight saves in the first period.
Coachella Valley killed off three Ontario powerplays in the second period and struck late in the frame. Shane Wright raced the puck up ice into the Reign zone and ripped a shot past Rittich to make it 2-0. Wright's goal was his eighth of the season and came with just 1:13 left in the period. Driedger turned away all 14 shots he faced in the middle frame.
Chris Driedger stopped all six shots he saw in the third period to help close out another road victory for Coachella Valley, moving them to 8-1-1-0 away from Acrisure Arena.
The Firebirds powerplay went 1-for-3 and the penalty kill finished the night 4-for-4. Coachella Valley put 21 shots on net in the win, helping them to a 10-7-0-0 record on the season.
NEXT HOME GAME
The Firebirds return home tomorrow night to face the Ontario Reign. Puck drop is scheduled for 6pm PT. Head to Ticketmaster to lock in your seat before it's too late. Don't forget to purchase parking in advance online at ParkWhiz.
Holiday Plans, Group, Flex, and Individual tickets for the Firebirds' 2023-24 season are on sale now. For a full list of benefits and more information on Season Ticket Memberships for the 2023-24 season, click HERE or call 760-835-8778.
Stay up to date on the latest Firebirds' news and info by visiting CVFirebirds.com and by following the team on social media @Firebirds.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2023
- Reign Blanked by Firebirds - Ontario Reign
- Silver Knights Drop First of Series to Calgary, 2-1 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Rally Back to Defeat Laval 4-2 on Friday Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Texas Ties Game Twice Late Before Winning in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Caggiula's Three-Point Night Helps the Condors Get a Point - Bakersfield Condors
- Chris Driedger's 28 Save Shutout Stymies Ontario - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Roadrunners Beat San Jose 5-1 to Open Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Collin Delia Records 31 Saves in Home Victory - Manitoba Moose
- Hunt's Three-Point Night Lifts Iowa to 5-1 Win at Colorado - Iowa Wild
- Point Streak Ends in Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hunt's Three-Point Night Pushes Wild to 5-1 Win Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Burned by Roadrunners, 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Griffins End Four-Game Home Stand with 4-1 Win Over Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hogs' Point Streak Ends in Manitoba - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Top B-Sens in Shootout in Levi's Debut - Rochester Americans
- Senators Pick Up Point To Begin Back-To-Back Set With Americans - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Win Fifth Straight as Special Teams Help Power Past Phantoms 7-3 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Penguins Come Back to Steal Springfield's Thunder, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Push Win Streak To Eight With 4-2 Win Over Checkers - Hershey Bears
- Bruins Double-up on Islanders, 6-3 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Penguins Push Back, Steal OT Win from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Second Period Offense Bolsters P-Bruins to Victory Over Islanders - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Marlies, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Use Fast Start to Defeat Checkers 4-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Lose in Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Morning Skate Report: December 1, 2023 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Panthers Assign Uvis Balinskis to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Holiday Helper Program Gets Underway Tonight - Tucson Roadrunners
- T-Birds Generate $15,000 in Donations to Rock 102 Mayflower Marathon - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Plans for Harold's Hockey Tonk, Stanley Cup® to be Featured in Pregame Show - Henderson Silver Knights
- Game Notes: CGY at HEN - Calgary Wranglers
- Šilovs Selected as AHL Goaltender of the Month - Abbotsford Canucks
- Bourque, Stankoven, Silovs Named AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- Stars Forwards Mavrik Bourque and Logan Stankoven Win AHL Monthly Awards - Texas Stars
- Hershey Bears Hockey Club Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2023 - Hershey Bears
- Jonatan Berggren Joins Grand Rapids, Antti Tuomisto Heads to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Preview: Condors v Stars, 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Colorado Eagles - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack and Phantoms Kickoff Weekend Back-To-Back at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Jaydon Dureau to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Game #19: Tucson Roadrunners vs. San Jose Barracuda - Tucson Roadrunners
- Division-Leading Monsters Look to Extend Four-Game Win Streak at Home this Weekend - Cleveland Monsters
- Hogs Look to Extend Point Streak in Winnipeg at Start of Road Trip - Rockford IceHogs
- Bridgeport Islanders Face Bruins to Begin Home-And-Home Series - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Coachella Valley Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Edge Barracuda in Shootout, 3-2
- Morrison Scores Twice in Firebirds' Win Over Condors
- Firebirds' Special Teams Shine In Win Over Barracuda
- Morrison's Four-Point Night Helps Lead Firebirds to 30th Win of Season
- Firebirds Cruise Back Into The Win Column With 6-1 Victory Over Henderson