Thunder Opens Weekend with OT Loss vs. Tulsa
WICHITA, Kan. - Ryan DaSilva scored at 5:21 of overtime to help Tulsa climb back and win on Friday night, 3-2, over Wichita at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Trailing 2-0 halfway through the third, the Oilers scored three unanswered to take the first of a home-and-home set between the longtime rivals.
Stephen Johnson led the way for Wichita with two points. Michal Stinil collected his fifth of the season in the losing effort.
Early in the first, Stinil put home a pass from David Thomson to give the Thunder a 1-0 lead.
Stephen Johnson made it 2-0 at 6:05 of the second, finding a rebound off a shot from Stefan Fournier and beat Daniel Mannella on the power play.
In the third, Adam Pleskach scored back-to-back goals to force the game past regulation. His first came on the power play at 11:09. Jay Dickman appeared to get his stick swiped out of his hands, but the official allowed the play to continue. Pleskach skated up the right wing and beat Evan Buitenhuis with a wrist shot for his fifth of the season.
His second came at 17:15 during a net-mouth scramble. Buitenhuis looked like he jumped on top of the puck and was interfered with. The Oilers capitalized and Pleskach recorded his sixth of the year to make it 2-2.
In overtime, DaSilva recorded his fourth of the year to end the contest. He caught a pass near the Thunder line and beat Buitenhuis for the game-winner.
Johnson has goals in back-to-back games and three points over that stretch. Stinil has three points in his last four. Cam Clarke added an assist, giving him helpers in four-straight and points in his last seven.
Wichita heads to Tulsa on Saturday night to face the Oilers starting at 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Images from this story
Wichita Thunder takes a shot against the Tulsa Oilers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 22, 2022
- Steelheads Strike Early, Take Middle Game 4-1 over Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Fall 4-2 to the Mavericks - Newfoundland Growlers
- Tulsa Shuts Down Thunder on Saturday Night - Wichita Thunder
- Railers Victorious 3-2 over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Stingrays Drop Overtime Thriller - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Can't Complete Comeback in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Late Goal Lifts Iowa, 4-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mannella Grabs Shutout in Cruical Win over Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Widmar Scores with 2:37 Left to Sink Wheeling, 4-2 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Cyclones Blanked by Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Perkovich Nets Game-Winner in 3-2 Victory - Florida Everblades
- Glads Lose Late Lead in Weekend Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Five-Goal Night Gives Indy Win over Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Road Win Streak Ends in 3-1 Loss to Mariners - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gooch, Low Propel Royals over Lions in First-Ever Meeting at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Brodeur, Santos Lead Mariners to Gritty Win over Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Lions Lose a Close One in Reading - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Boucher, Henry and Miner Return to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - January 22 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Miner, Boucher and Henry Return for Saturday Showdown - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Maine Mariners: January 22, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: Rodeo Night vs Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Marlies Assign Goaltender Ian Scott to the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, January 22, 2022 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Icemen Move Back into First with 2-1 Win over Stingrays - Jacksonville Icemen
- Second Game in Two Days for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Everblades Look to Bounce Back Saturday Night - Florida Everblades
- Glads and Blades Collide for Second Time this Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Utah, 8:10 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Penner and Company Leads Grizz to 6-4 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Drop Steelheads, 5-2, for Fourth-Straight Win - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Fall to Utah 6-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Opens Weekend with OT Loss vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Late Comeback Surge Stifled, Steelheads Slip 5-2 to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Win Fourth Overtime Game of the Campaign - Tulsa Oilers
- Kalamazoo Falls Short in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Score 9 Goals in Missouri - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City