Rush Acquire Eric Israel from Fort Wayne
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes, announced today that the team has acquired rookie defenseman Eric Israel from the Fort Wayne Komets in exchange for future considerations. The trade represents a third Black Hills Chiropractic Roster Adjustment this week, and the first via a trade this season.
Israel joins the Rush as he begins his first season of professional hockey. In the offseason, Israel signed with Fort Wayne and played in two preseason games, earning an assist and a +2 rating.
A native of Huntington Woods, Michigan, Israel turned professional following a successful four-year career with Robert Morris University in the NCAA. The 5'9", 181-pound blueliner completed his collegiate career with 21 goals, 64 assists, and 85 points in 146 games, and led Colonials defensemen in goals, assists, and points in each of his last three seasons. A 2016 AHA Regular Season Champion and 2017 Third All-Conference team selection, Israel finished with the AHA lead and fifth ranking in all of NCAA Division 1 hockey for blocked shots last season, and is a three-time AHC All-Academic Team selection (2017-2019). Additionally, following a career-best 2017 sophomore season, Israel was selected to represent Team USA in the Maccabiah Games, the largest Jewish Athletic Competition in the world, playing every four years in Israel. He notched a pair of goals and assists in 4 games, winning the silver medal in the tournament.
The Rush continue their series with the Oilers tonight, October 19th, and tomorrow, Sunday, October 20th. Puck drop at the BOK Center is slated for 6:05 p.m. MDT tonight, and 3:05 p.m. tomorrow afternoon.
Tickets for all 36 games are on sale now! Visit www.rapidcityrush.com to purchase yours today!
Download the Rapid City Rush App on iTunes and GooglePlay to keep up to speed on all Rush news as we approach the 2019-20 ECHL season!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 19, 2019
- Thunder Falls 5-2 in Boise to Close Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Second Period Burst Sends 'Blades Past Norfolk on Opening Night - Florida Everblades
- Glads Hop Past Swamp Rabbits in First Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Fall to Nailers in the Last Minute of Play - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Doubled up by Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Serve Swamp Rabbits First Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Sadowy Strikes Twice Late in K-Wings' Home-Opening OT Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Come from Behind to Beat Railers, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Take Down Solar Bears 4-2 in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Siebenaler Wins It in the Final Minute for Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Drop Penalty-Filled Overtime Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers Two Game Win Streak Comes to An End in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- Reading Bested in Home Opener, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Spoil Reading Royals Home Opener with 5-3 Win - Maine Mariners
- Offensive Explosion Helps Beast Down Growlers - Brampton Beast
- Growlers Fall 7-5 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- 'Blades Open Home Schedule against Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday Capsule: Allen vs. Utah - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 19 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Marlies Assign Alex Gudbranson to the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Closes Road Trip Tonight in Boise - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Acquire Eric Israel from Fort Wayne - Rapid City Rush
- Zach Sawchenko Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Marlies Recall Zach O'Brien from the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Utah Grizzlies Game Preview: October 18th at Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Home Opener vs. Maine Saturday - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Go Beast Mode in 10-4 Win at Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Comeback Falls Short in OT Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.