Gameday Capsule: Allen vs. Utah
Last 10: 2-1-1
ALLEN TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Jordan Topping, 3
Assists: Les Lancaster, 4
Points: Jordan Topping, 5
+/-: Stepan Falkovsky, +2
PIM: Spencer Asuchak, 14
Last 10: 2-2-0
UTAH TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Josh Dickinson, 6
Assists: Cole Cassels, 5
Points: Travis Barron, 8
+/-: Griffen Molino, +5
PIM: Patrick McGrath, 17
Utah Grizzlies (2-2-0; 4 pts) at Allen Americans (2-1-0; 4 pts)
The Allen Americans and Utah Grizzlies close out a back to back tonight at 7:05 pm at Allen Event Center. Utah took Game 1 last night 10-4 scoring eight goals over the first two periods of play.
Last Game vs. Utah Grizzlies:
Josh Dickinson had a hat trick for the second straight game, leading Utah, to a 10-4 victory last night over the Allen Americans. The Grizzlies scored four goals in the first period and four in the second ending the Americans two game winning streak. Utah has won two in a row.
Jordan Topping scored his team-leading third goal of the season last night in the Americans 10-4 loss to Utah. Topping had a goal and an assist last night with two shots on goal. Gabe Gagne led the Americans with four shots on net.
Tyler Sheehy scored his first professional goal last night in the Americans loss to Utah.
The Americans winning streak was halted at two games.
Jordan Topping is ninth in the league in scoring with five points (3 goals and 2 assists).
Utah Grizzlies forward Josh Dickinson, leads the ECHL in goals with 6.
After dropping their first two games at home last weekend, the Utah Grizzlies have won two straight games.
The Utah Grizzlies have scored 17 goals in the last two games.
Utah is outscoring their opponents 17 to 5 over their last two games.
DFW resident Thomas Hodges served as the Utah Grizzlies Emergency Backup Goalie last night.
Dereck Baribeau left last night's game due to injury. He's expected to miss a couple weeks
The Americans will play five of their first six games on home ice with a visit from the Idaho Steelheads next weekend.
Last night's 10-4 loss was the worst home loss since Colorado beat Allen 8-1 on November 15th, 2015, and the most goals given up at home since an opening night loss to Tulsa, 9-6 on October 24th 2014.
Images from this story
Jared VanWormer of the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 19, 2019
- Thunder Falls 5-2 in Boise to Close Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Second Period Burst Sends 'Blades Past Norfolk on Opening Night - Florida Everblades
- Glads Hop Past Swamp Rabbits in First Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Fall to Nailers in the Last Minute of Play - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Doubled up by Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Serve Swamp Rabbits First Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Sadowy Strikes Twice Late in K-Wings' Home-Opening OT Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Come from Behind to Beat Railers, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Take Down Solar Bears 4-2 in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Siebenaler Wins It in the Final Minute for Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Drop Penalty-Filled Overtime Affair - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers Two Game Win Streak Comes to An End in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
- Reading Bested in Home Opener, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Spoil Reading Royals Home Opener with 5-3 Win - Maine Mariners
- Offensive Explosion Helps Beast Down Growlers - Brampton Beast
- Growlers Fall 7-5 to the Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
- 'Blades Open Home Schedule against Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday Capsule: Allen vs. Utah - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - October 19 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Marlies Assign Alex Gudbranson to the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Closes Road Trip Tonight in Boise - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Acquire Eric Israel from Fort Wayne - Rapid City Rush
- Zach Sawchenko Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Marlies Recall Zach O'Brien from the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Utah Grizzlies Game Preview: October 18th at Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Home Opener vs. Maine Saturday - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Go Beast Mode in 10-4 Win at Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Comeback Falls Short in OT Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.