Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting
November 26, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies News Release
West Valley City, Utah - The Trois-Rivieres Lions got 2 goals and 1 assist from John Parker-Jones and 1 goal and 1 assist from Anthony Beauregard as they defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-4 in front of a crowd of 4309 at Maverik Center.
Parker-Jones gave the Lions the lead 11:04 in. Utah tied the game as Johnny Walker redirected an Andrew Nielsen shot for a power play goal 14:40 in. The score was tied 1-1 after 20 minutes of play.
Nicolas Lariviere scored on a rebound from an Alex Breton shot 16:10 into the second to give the Lions a 2-1 lead. 1 minute 32 seconds later Cedric Montminy scored on a centering pass from James Phelan to extend the Trois-Rivieres lead. After 2 periods Trois Rivieres leads 3-1.
Utah's Dakota Raabe cut into the lead 8:28 into the third frame on a 4 on 4 goal. 53 seconds later Beauregard scored for the Lions to make it a 4-2 game. John Parker-Jones scored his 2nd of the game 15:39 in unassisted to extend the Lions lead. Utah made it interesting as Zach Tsekos scored with 1:50 left in regulation on a nice pass from Raabe. 1 minute 6 seconds later Utah's Tarun Fizer scored his 7th of the season. Fizer and Tsekos are each tied for the club lead with 7 goals. Fizer's power play tally was Utah's 2nd of the night and it make it a one goal game. Trois Rivieres closed out the game with an empty netter with 17 seconds left as Lariviere scored his 2nd of the game.
Andrew Nielsen had 2 power play assists for Utah. Nielsen now leads the league with 10 power play assists on the season. Raabe and Tsekos each had 1 goal and 1 assist. Trent Miner saved 20 of 25 in the loss. Joe Vrbetic stopped 27 of 31 in the win for the Lions, who are now 7-6-1 on the season. Utah falls to 6-8.
The series continues on Saturday night at 7:10 pm as it's the Grizzlies second annual Pride Night presented by FedEx. The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 3:10 pm. Take advantage of the Grizzlies Black Friday offer with buy one get one free tickets at utahgrizzlies.com/blackfriday. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
John Parker-Jones (Trois-Rivieres) - 2 goals, 1 assist, +4.
Anthony Beauregard (Trois-Rivieres) - 1 goal, 1 assist, +3.
Cedric Montminy (Trois-Rivieres) - 1 goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Grizzlies Stories
- Cyclones Defeat Grizz 6-3 to Complete Series Sweep
- Cyclones Defeated Grizzlies in Wild 4-3 Game
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center
- Cyclones Defeat Grizzlies 6-4 in Series Opener
- Grizzlies Gameday: Cincinnati Invades Maverik Center for Series Opener