Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss
GLENS FALLS - Patrick Grasso scored twice and the Adirondack Thunder took five of six points on the week in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Reading Royals on Saturday night in front of 3,782 at Cool Insuring Arena.
Patrick Grasso ignited the Teddy Bear Toss at 7:46 of the first period to give the Thunder a 1-0 lead. Shane Harper set up Grasso for the one-timer on the power play and he beat goaltender Brody Claeys for his seventh of the year. Harper and Matt Stief were credited with the assists.
The Royals responded just 60 seconds later to tie the game at one. Trey Bradley fired in a Max Newton pass on the power play for his sixth of the year and the game was tied after one period of play. After no scoring in the second period, the game remained tied heading to the third.
With 6:32 left in regulation, Max Balinson scored on an odd man rush to give Reading a 2-1 lead. Balinson's goal was his first with the lone assist going to Trey Bradley.
Grasso struck again to tie the game late and eventually force overtime. Ryan Da Silva set up Grasso and his shot beat Claeys for his second of the game and eighth of the season. Da Silva and Xavier Parent were awarded the assists at 17:05 and the game would be decided in extra time.
Seven seconds into overtime, Mason Millman scored to give Reading the win. Francis Marotte stopped 24 of 27 shots for the Thunder in the loss.
The Thunder return home against the Maine Mariners on Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3. On Friday, fans can enjoy $3 Labatt Blue and Saturday is Miracle on Ice Night presented by DASH and Northway Brewing Company. The Thunder will wear special USA-themed jerseys, meet Olympic gold medalist Steve Janazsak, and see the Olympic Torch. Get your tickets by visiting the Thunder front office or by calling 518-480-3355.
For more information on ticket packages, call the front office at 518-480-3355 or visit www.ECHLThunder.com/tickets. For all the latest Adirondack Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame to Induct Three on Saturday
- Thunder Shut Out Lions 3-0 In Front Of Sellout Crowd
- Felix's Four Points Lift Thunder Over Royals, 5-2
- Thunder Sign Defenseman Jackson van de Leest
- All Abilities Productions to Host Adirondack Thunder Brunch March 10