Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen
November 26, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Idaho Steelheads News Release
BOISE, ID - The Idaho Steelheads (13-2-0-1, 25pts) defeated the Allen Americans (5-7-1-0, 11pts) by a final score of 5-2 Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd of 5,082 fans at the Idaho Central Arena. The Steelheads will host the Utah Grizzlies next Friday and Saturday night at 7:10pm.
Hank Crone (7th) gave the Americans a 1-0 lead on the power-play at 8:39 of the first but the Steelheads would rattle off three unanswered in a stretch of 6:58 thanks to a pair of goals from Ty Pelton-Byce (7th, 8th) and Janis Svannebergs. Idaho led 3-1 after the first 20 minutes of play leading in shots as well 15-4. Owen Headrick (4th) would make it 4-1 with 3:53 to play in the second with a power-play score. Liam Finlay (7th) got the Americans back within two, 92 seconds into the third period with a power-play goal. Jade Miller (6th) made it 5-2 at the 8:57 mark of the final frame. Jake Kupsky made 18 saves on 20 shots for the victory while Eric Dop made 34 saves on 39 shots in the loss.
- 1st, 8:39 | 1-0 ALN PP GOAL: Hank Crone would blast a one-timer off from the high slot beating Jake Kupsky over the right shoulder
- 1st, 12:39 | 1-1 IDH PP GOAL: From below the left circle Patrick Kudla centered a feed to the high slot finding the stick of Ty Pelton-Byce who fired a wrist shot low beating Erik Dop.
- 1st, 14:00 | 2-1 IDH GOAL: Jade Miller forced a turnover and fired a shot off from the high slot. Dop made the initial save but Janis Svanenbergs was on the near side of the crease to bang home the rebound.
- 1st, 19:37 | 3-1 IDH SH GOAL: Ty Pelton-Byce led a two on one short-handed down the ice and from the right circle he sent a shot low beating Dop.
- 2nd, 16:07 |4-1 IDH PP GOAL: Patrick Kudla fed Owen Headrick at the left circle who one-time one upstairs on Dop.
- 3rd, 1:32 | 4-2 ALN PP GOAL: Liam Finlay sent a one-timer home from the left circle beating Kupsky.
- 3rd, 8:57 | 5-2 IDH GOAL: Ryan Dmowski forced a turnover at the offensive blue line. Form the right circle he slid the puck to the high slot connecting with Jade Miller who sent a wrist shot beating Dop low near side.
1) Ty Pelton-Byce
2) Owen Headrick
3) Patrick Kudla
- Idaho finished the 2-for-6 on power-play while Allen was 2-for-5. The Steelheads have scored a power-play goal in seven straight games (9/26).
- Steelheads outshot the Americans 41-29 39-20.
- Idaho has points in six straight games (7-0-0-1) and a win streak of six games.
- Idaho is (3-0-0-0) vs. Allen this season and 24-16-5 all-time including 15-6-3 in Boise.
- Owen Headrick increased his point streak to eight games (4-7-11).
- Ryan Dmowski and Patrick Kudla each tallied two assists.
- A.J. White played in his 400th ECHL game.
- Jade Miller and Owen Headrick each scored a goal and an assist.
- Matt Register was +1 and leads the league with a +22 rating.
- Casey Johnson (IR), Willie Knierim (INJ), Cody Haiskanen (IR), and Jordan Kawaguchi (IR), and Adam Scheel (DNP) did not dress for Idaho.
Season tickets for the 2022-23 season are on sale now! For more information on ticket packages, contact the front office at 208-383-0080 or visit IdahoSteelheads.com. Stay up to date with all things Steelheads on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 24
- Jordan Kawaguchi Scores Hat Trick in 6-3 Victory at Allen
- Steelheads Pick up 50th Win Increasing Their Win Streak to Eight Games in 3-1 Win at Allen
- Steelheads Notch Their ECHL Era Record 49th Win of Season in 5-3 Victory at Allen
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 23