Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting
November 26, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies News Release
West Valley City, Utah - The Trois-Rivieres Lions got 2 goals and 1 assist from John Parker-Jones and 1 goal and 1 assist from Anthony Beauregard as they defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-4 in front of a crowd of 4309 at Maverik Center.
Parker-Jones gave the Lions the lead 11:04 in. Utah tied the game as Johnny Walker redirected an Andrew Nielsen shot for a power play goal 14:40 in. The score was tied 1-1 after 20 minutes of play.
Nicolas Lariviere scored on a rebound from an Alex Breton shot 16:10 into the second to give the Lions a 2-1 lead. 1 minute 32 seconds later Cedric Montminy scored on a centering pass from James Phelan to extend the Trois-Rivieres lead. After 2 periods Trois Rivieres leads 3-1.
Utah's Dakota Raabe cut into the lead 8:28 into the third frame on a 4 on 4 goal. 53 seconds later Beauregard scored for the Lions to make it a 4-2 game. John Parker-Jones scored his 2nd of the game 15:39 in unassisted to extend the Lions lead. Utah made it interesting as Zach Tsekos scored with 1:50 left in regulation on a nice pass from Raabe. 1 minute 6 seconds later Utah's Tarun Fizer scored his 7th of the season. Fizer and Tsekos are each tied for the club lead with 7 goals. Fizer's power play tally was Utah's 2nd of the night and it make it a one goal game. Trois Rivieres closed out the game with an empty netter with 17 seconds left as Lariviere scored his 2nd of the game.
Andrew Nielsen had 2 power play assists for Utah. Nielsen now leads the league with 10 power play assists on the season. Raabe and Tsekos each had 1 goal and 1 assist. Trent Miner saved 20 of 25 in the loss. Joe Vrbetic stopped 27 of 31 in the win for the Lions, who are now 7-6-1 on the season. Utah falls to 6-8.
The series continues on Saturday night at 7:10 pm as it's the Grizzlies second annual Pride Night presented by FedEx. The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 3:10 pm. Take advantage of the Grizzlies Black Friday offer with buy one get one free tickets at utahgrizzlies.com/blackfriday. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. John Parker-Jones (Trois-Rivieres) - 2 goals, 1 assist, +4.
2. Anthony Beauregard (Trois-Rivieres) - 1 goal, 1 assist, +3.
3. Cedric Montminy (Trois-Rivieres) - 1 goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.