Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings
November 26, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Indy Fuel News Release
INDIANAPOLIS- The Fuel hosted the Kalamazoo Wings in their fourth meeting of the season Saturday while celebrating MARVEL Super Hero™ Night in specialty Black Panther jerseys. Wearing the villainous Thanos jerseys, the Wings came away victorious by a score of 4-2.
The first period started off fast paced with each team having quite a few close call chances but no goal to show for it. Kalamazoo struck first with a goal by Justin Taylor just about halfway through the first frame. The Fuel answered back quickly though with a goal by Cooper Zech, in his first game with the Fuel, to tie the game. The Fuel outshot Kalamazoo 10-9 in the first period that ended tied at one.
The second period went scoreless with Kalamazoo dominating a lot of possession but the Fuel still coming away with more shots.
The third period opened with an early power play for the Fuel which they capitalized on. Zech got his second goal of the night, putting the Fuel up on top 2-1.
A few minutes later, Raymond Brice and Andrew Perrott were assessed fighting majors, with additional boarding and cross-checking minors handed out to Perrott and Chase Lang leaving the Fuel shorthanded. Taylor took advantage and got his second goal of the night on the power play, tying the score 2-2. Just two minutes later, Max Humitz scored the go-ahead goal for the Wings. With just under a minute left to go, the Fuel pulled Driscoll from the net and Brice scored an empty-net goal to put the Wings up 4-2, despite an attempt from Alex Wideman to stop the puck from crossing the goal line.
This was the Fuel's first loss to the Wings out of four matchups so far in the 2022-23 season. The teams head to Kalamazoo tomorrow for a 3 p.m. puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.