Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster
Norfolk, Va - Norfolk Admirals Professional Hockey Club, proud ECHL affiliates of the Carolina Hurricanes and Chicago Wolves, officially announced two additions to the roster on Saturday morning.
On Tuesday, the Rapid City Rush traded forward Tanner Schachle to Norfolk in exchange for defenseman Carter Robertson. In addition to that, the Admirals also received future considerations which was to be fulfilled by Sunday. Defenseman Callum Fryer has been sent to Norfolk to complete the trade.
Fryer, 26, joins the Admirals after playing in eight games with the Rush this season and posting one point. Last season, Fryer played in 40 games with Rapid city, corralling 14 points (2g, 12a) and led the club in +/- with a +14. The 6'3, 200-pound defenseman played for the Knoxville Ice Bears in 2020-21, which was coached by Jeff Carr. That was his first season as a professional and posted 13 points in 32 games. After starting his collegiate career at UMass from 2015 to 2017, Fryer played three more seasons at Lakehead University in USports.
The Admirals have also acquired forward Brendan van Riemsdyk from the Orlando Solar Bears in exchange for future considerations.
The 26-year-old New Jersey native signed with the Florida Everblades in August but never suited up with them. He was sent to Orlando in October and played in five games with the Solar Bears before being sent to the Admirals. Last season marked van Riemsdyk's first season as a professional, playing with the Reading Royals and Wichita Thunder. He registered 12 points in 36 games with the Thunder. The 6'4, 210-pound forward played with Carr and Fryer in Knoxville in 2020-21. Van Riemsdyk played three years at the University of New Hampshire then played his senior season at Northeastern University. He is the youngest of three van Riemsdyk brothers. The oldest, James, currently played for the Philadelphia Flyers. The middle-aged brother, Trevor, currently played for the Washington Capitals.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Can't Solve DiPietro, Mariners Take Game Two
- Admirals Get First Shutout Win of the Season
- Admirals Sign Ian White to Standard Player Contract
- Admirals' Comeback Falls Just Short Against Reading
- Roster Updates Announced for 2023 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic