Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale
November 26, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Reading Royals News Release
Glens Falls, NY - The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, conclude their third three-game road-trip of the season against the Adirondack Thunder tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Cool Insuring Arena
Reading improved to 8-5-1 on the season after defeating Maine in their previous game, 1-0, on Friday, November 25th at Cross Insurance Arena. Will MacKinnon's third goal of the season scored in the final minute of the second period served as the game winner in the series finale against the Mariners. Goaltender Brody Claeys earned his second professional career shutout, first in the ECHL, in his season debut with 31 saves against the Mariners' offense.
Friday's victory was the third win for the Royals against the Mariners this season. Reading previously fell to Maine at Cross Insurance Arena on Wednesday, November 23rd, 5-3. The Royals are 17-8-1 all-time against the Mariners and have won three of the previous six regular season meetings against the Mariners at Cross Insurance Arena dating back to last season.
Reading stands in third place in the North Division with a .607 win percentage. Reading has two games less played compared to Worcester and Newfoundland who rank above the Royals in the divisional standings. Worcester regained first place in the North Division over Newfoundland who have dropped three-straight games. The Railers are currently on a four-game point streak (3-0-1-0) and post a 13-2-1-0 record and .844 win percentage at the top of the division. Behind Reading, Trois-Rivières and Maine rank fourth and fifth respectively in the standings while Adirondack holds sixth place with a .423 win percentage. Norfolk sits at the bottom of the division with a 2-15-0 record after defeating Worcester in overtime on Friday, November 25th to snap a 15-game losing streak.
The Royals hoist an all-time record of 40-25-7 against Adirondack and are 2-0 against the Thunder this season. Reading swept the Thunder on Friday, the 18th and Sunday, the 20th of this month with eight goals scored to Adirondack's four.
Adirondack improved to 4-6-2-1 after sweeping the Growlers in consecutive games. The Thunder defeated the Growlers in a 3-2 final score both games and had contributions from six different goal scorers. Forwards Shane Harper (16) and Noah Corson (12) rank first and second on the team in points respectively and each tallied a goal in the series against Newfoundland. Forward Patrick Grasso scored a goal in the series as well for his team leading sixth goal of the season.
Tonight's game is another strong specialty teams battle for the Royals as Reading's 11th ranked power play unit in the league (22%) matches up against Adirondack's fifth ranked penalty kill (86%). The Thunder have allowed four of their seven power play goals allowed at home while Reading four power play goals across their last 15 power play chances on the road.
A few Royals captured milestones in the series finale against the Mariners:
Defenseman Will MacKinnon earned his first game winning goal of his professional career.
Goalie Brody Claeys earned his first shutout win of his ECHL career
Today's game will be streamed on the Royals Broadcast Network available on the following platforms:
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2022
- Railers Win Four Hours After Puck Drop - Worcester Railers HC
- Americans Drop the Final Game of the Series - Allen Americans
- Watts Nets OT Game-Winner vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads' Win Streak Increases To Six Games With 5-2 Win Over Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Heartlanders Come from Behind, Robbins Scores OT Winner vs. Cincinnati - Iowa Heartlanders
- Matej Pekar Scores First ECHL Goal in 4-3 OT Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Grab Point in Overtime Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Top Fuel Behind Taylor's Historic Performance - Kalamazoo Wings
- Dougherty's Overtime Winner Propels Solar Bears to Home Victory Saturday - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Fall to Orlando in OT - Florida Everblades
- Fraser Scores Shorthanded as Walleye Fall in Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Millman Scores OT Winner as Royals Down Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Grasso Scores Twice in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Lose First Match to K-Wings - Indy Fuel
- Gladiators Win Sixth Straight at Home in Shootout Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Come Up Short In High-Scoring Affair With Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Grab Wild 9-6 Win vs. Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Acquire Defenseman Aaron Thow in Trade with Norfolk - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Wichita Returns Home Tonight to Face Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators, November 26 at 7:00 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Add Fryer and Van Riemsdyk to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Atlanta Looks to Finish Week with Sixth Straight Home Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Close out Road Trip in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Loan Brenden Miller to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Going for Six Wins in a Row - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Loan Lambdin to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- A Successful Debut for Marc-André Bergeron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Road-Trip Finale - Reading Royals
- Lions Defeat Grizz 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Lions Defeat Utah 6-4 in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Newton Records Eighth Multi-Goal Game In Road-Trip Finale Victory Over Nailers
- Barratt Tallies Three Points, Royals Drop High-Scoring Affair to Nailers, 6-5
- Royals Wheel into West Virginia for Back-To-Back with Nailers
- Royals End Walleye Win Streak, Nagle Becomes ECHL's 2nd All-Time Winningest Goalie in Road-Trip Opener
- Royals Open Road-Trip with Friday Face-Off in Toledo