Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack
GLENS FALLS, NY - November 27, 2021 - The Mariners got 3/4 of the way back from a 4-0 deficit but came up just short on Saturday night at the Cool Insuring Arena in a 5-3 loss to the Adirondack Thunder. Keltie Jeri-Leon, Andrew Peski, and Nate Kallen all scored their first Mariners goals.
The Thunder got their "Teddy Bear Toss" goal early, and in shorthanded fashion. Forward Tyler Irvine lifted a short-side backhander past Mariners netminder Zach Bouthillier just 2:42 into the game to give Adirondack the 1-0 lead. It was the seventh straight game in which the Mariners allowed the first goal. The Thunder doubled their lead at 10:56 of the first when Irvine sent Patrick Grasso in on Bouthillier alone and Grasso slipped the puck between Bouthillier's pads.
Just 41 seconds into the 2nd period, Adirondack struck again, when Grasso netted his second goal of the game, chasing Bouthiller. The Thunder made it 4-0 at 11:34, immediately capitalizing on a Mariners "too many men on the ice" penalty on a shot by defenseman Ivan Chukarov. After hitting a pair of posts, the Mariners finally broke through with just over two minutes to play in the period. Jason Horvath skated coast-to-coast and slipped a pass out to Pascal Laberge, who found Kelti Jeri-Leon in front for the first goal of his professional career. Glorious scoring changes in the final minute of the period by Brycen Martin and Nate Kallen went in vain as the Mariners remained down by three goals heading to the third.
As the game passed the halfway point of the third, the Mariners made things very interesting when they got a pair of goals from defensemen less than a minute apart. First, Andrew Peski ripped a shot off the crossbar and past Mareks Mitens at 10:35, then Nate Kallen drove into the zone and fired one home at 11:26. The Mariners got a power play chance to get even, but couldn't tie it up and surrendered a Grasso empty net goal to complete his hat trick. The Mariners pelted Mitens with 17 shots in the 3rd period and 40 in the game.
The Mariners (6-6-2-0) play three games next week. After a Wednesday night stop in Worcester, they are back at the Cross Insurance Arena next weekend for games on Saturday, December 4th and Sunday, December 5th, playing Adirondack once again. Saturday, December 4th is the annual Teddy Bear Toss game, with all donations benefiting Marine Toys for Tots and the Holden Police Department. It is also "Elf" night with specialty Elf jerseys and Santa Con - fans encouraged to dress as Santa Claus. Finally, there is a winter beanie giveaway, presented by Martin's Point Healthcare. Game time is 6:00 PM. Individual tickets can be purchased online at MarinersOfMaine.com or by visiting the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.