Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators (7-4-1-0) welcome the South Carolina Stingrays (5-6-1-0) to Gas South Arena and the Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians Home Ice for the first of back-to-back matchups this weekend. The second engagement of the weekend will take place in South Carolina.
Last Time Out
The Gladiators snapped a three-game winless streak on Thanksgiving with a 4-3 home victory over the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Hugo Roy scored shorthanded and on the power play for the Glads, while Mike Pelech and Gabe Guertler also found the back of the net. Goaltender Tyler Parks made a season-high 42 saves en route to his sixth victory of the season.
Tonight is just the second encounter between Atlanta and South Carolina this season, with the Glads claiming a 4-2 win in North Charleston on November 12th. Atlanta trailed 2-0 in the second period, but then the Gladiators ripped off four unanswered tallies from Anthony Florentino, Tim Davison, Cody Sylvester, and Elijah Vilio.
Two Mo' for Hugo
Forward Hugo Roy netted Atlanta's first two goals on Thursday against Greenville. Roy bagged a shorthanded tally with 1.6 seconds left in the first period, and then scored on the power play in the second. Roy is tied for the ECHL lead with two shorthanded goals on the season. The 24-year-old is tied for the Gladiators team lead with six goals this season. He scored four goals in four games before getting called up to Belleville, and his two goals on Thursday were his first tallies since returning from his AHL stint.
Kielly Joins Forward Group
ï»¿Kameron Kielly signed with Atlanta on Thursday and made his first Gladiators appearance the same day against Greenville. Atlanta traded for Kielly's ECHL rights earlier in the month after the second-year pro skated in two games with the Belleville Senators in the AHL.
Special Teams Roars to Life
The Gladiators' special teams exploded for three goals on Thursday against Greenville. Hugo Roy scored shorthanded in the first frame and then added a power-play goal in the second. Mike Pelech notched another power-play goal for Atlanta later in the second. Thursday's 4-3 win over the Swamp Rabbits marked the first time this season that the Glads scored multiple power-play goals. Roy's power-play marker was the first goal on the man-advantage for Atlanta in 18 attempts dating back to November 14th against Florida.
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 27 at 7:30 PM ET
WHERE: Gas South Arena - Duluth, G.A.
WHO: Atlanta Gladiators vs South Carolina Stingrays
BROADCAST: All Atlanta Gladiators games are broadcast live on the Gladiators Broadcast Network. Listen to the game online at Mixlr.com, or watch the game on FloHockey.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.