Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat
Coralville, IA - Yuki Miura and Kris Bennett each scored in the Iowa Heartlanders 4-2 loss to the Wheeling Nailers Saturday at Xtream Arena. Both forwards extended their point streaks, Bennett's reached eight games in a row, and Miura's hit five.
Justin Almeida scored all four Wheeling goals to tie their team record for goals in a game. His first of the game gave Wheeling a 1-0 advantage at 7:02 of the first.
Miura tied the game, 1-1, at 10:19 in the first period, on a breakaway. His shot snuck between the legs of Wheeling goalie Stefanos Lekkas. The strike was Miura's third goal of the season. Billy Constantinou picked up his fourth assist.
Team captain Kris Bennett scored his team-leading ninth goal this year at 17:20 in the third with the Landers down by three. Bennett rebounded a Bryce Gervais shot and flicked in the puck just in front of the net for his fourth point of the weekend.
Almeida earned his first hat trick and four-goal professional game ever. He scored in every period, including twice in the third period, totaling six goals over the weekend.
Lekkas earned his second win in three ECHL starts, saving 13 shots. Hunter Jones rejected 18 in the loss.
Iowa wraps up the homestand Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. against the Wichita Thunder. Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Heartlanders Stories
- Jake Smith Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Smith Scores Late Goal for Heartlanders to Bury Indy, 2-1
- Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point
- Iowa Charges to Force OT vs. Kansas City
- Captain Kris Bennett Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic