Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, continues its five-game homestand tonight as Rapid City returns to town for the second time this week.
The Rush won last night in overtime against Kansas City, 4-3, giving them overtime wins in consecutive games. The Thunder beat the Oilers by a 3-1 final. With the win, Wichita moves into sole possession of third place. Rapid City jumped Tulsa and sits in fourth place with 14 points.
Today is the second of three meetings against the Rush and the Thunder this week. The first six meetings of the season-series will take place at INTRUST Bank Arena. Wichita will travel to Rapid City for a three-game set in February to close the season-series.
Evan Buitenhuis continues to be a workhorse for the Thunder. He has started every game so far this season for the Thunder. He pushed his goals-against down to 2.22 and his save percentage to .928. Buitenhuis is first in minutes played (783), tied for second in wins (7) and first in saves (389). The franchise record for consecutive starts is 15, set by Bobby Desjardins back during the 1992-93 season.
For the Rush, Lukas Parik has started the last two games for the Rush. He earned an overtime win on Friday night, giving him OT wins in back-to-back games. Parik improved to 4-1-1-0 with a 2.30 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.
Former Thunder forward Logan Nelson leads the Rush with 15 points. Stephen Baylis and Gabriel Chabot are second with 12. Jay Dickman leads Wichita with 13 points. Matteo Gennaro is second with 12 points.
Tonight is Pirates and Princesses Night, presented by Happily Ever Parties. Get four tickets and two pirate/princess items for $60! Use code PRINCESS when purchasing on Select-A-Seat. You can pick up your novelty items from the Fan Relations table at the game.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Images from this story
Wichita Thunder face off with the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City