Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center
Utah Grizzlies (9-5, 18 points, .643 Win %) at Tulsa Oilers (6-4-0-1, 13 points, .597 Win %)
Saturday, November 27, 2021. BOK Center. 6:05 pm. Broadcast: Mixlr/FloSports
Tulsa, Oklahoma - It's the first game of a 2 game weekend series at BOK Center. Utah has won 2 in a row and have won 9 of their last 12 games. Tulsa lost at Wichita last night 3-1. It's the first of 8 season meetings between the clubs. These teams will meet 5 times at Tulsa and 3 times at Maverik Center on March 23, 25-26, 2022. Last season Utah went 6-4-1-1 vs Tulsa.
Last Week's Games
Friday, November 19, 2021 - Kansas City 5 Utah 2 - Charle-Edouard D'Astous and Quinn Ryan scored goals. Utah outshot KC 31 to 28. KC went 2 for 5 on the power play and Utah was 1 for 5. Hunter Miska saved 23 of 28. KC scored 4 unanswered 3rd period goals after Ryan scored 3:58 in to give Utah a 2-1 lead.
Saturday, November 20, 2021 - Kansas City 2 Utah 4 - Brandon Cutler had 1 goal and 3 assists. Mason Mannek 1 goal, 1 assist. Luke Martin scored a first period power play goal. Hunter Miska saved 26 of 28. Charle-Edouard D'Astous had 2 assists. Utah went 1 for 7 on the power play and a perfect 5 for 5 on the penalty kill as well as a shorthanded goal by Cutler in the first period.
Sunday, November 21, 2021 - Kansas City 2 Utah 4 - Peyton Jones saved 32 of 34. Andrew Nielsen had 2 goals. Charle-Edouard D'Astous scored a first period goal to extend his point streak to 10. Joey Colatarci scored his first pro goal 8:45 into the second period. Utah went 2 for 3 on the power play and KC went 1 for 9.
This Week's Games
Saturday, November 27, 2021 - Utah at Tulsa. 6:05 pm.
Sunday, November 28, 2021 - Utah at Tulsa. 3:05 pm.
All times Mountain. Every game can be seen on FloHockey and heard on Mixlr.
Grizzlies Among League Leaders
Charle-Edouard D'Astous is tied for the league lead with 10 goals. D'Astous leads all league defenseman in goals (10), points (18), shots on goal (46) and plus/minus. Brian Bowen leads the league in shots on goal with 57. Brandon Cutler is 3rd in shots with 55. Cutler is tied for the lead with 2 shorthanded goals. Trent Miner, currently with the AHL's Colorado Eagles, leads the league with 2 shutouts. Luke Martin and D'Astous are tied for 3rd in the league in plus/minus at +13. Andrew Nielsen is tied for the lead with 15 minor penalties.
Different Hero Every Game
The Grizzlies have won 9 games this season. 9 different players have 1 game winning goal. There's not a single player who has more then 1 GWG on the season.
Forwards: Matthew Boucher, Brian Bowen, Bailey Conger, Taylor Crunk, Brandon Cutler, Connor Graham, Mason Mannek, Tyler Penner, Neil Robinson, Quinn Ryan, Gehrett Sargis, Christian Simone.
Defenseman: Nate Clurman, Joey Colatarci, Austin Crossley, Charles-Edmond D'Astous, Miles Gendron, Luke Martin, Connor McDonald, Andrew Nielsen, Kyle Pouncy, Jordon Stone.
Goaltenders: Peyton Jones, Garrett Metcalf.
2021-2022 Utah Grizzlies Regular Season Totals (league rankings)
Overall record: 9-5
Home record: 5-2.
Road record: 4-3.
Win percentage: .643.
Streak: Won 2.
Standings Points: 18.
Last 10: 7-3.
Goals per game: 3.64 (3rd) Goals for: 51
Goals against per game: 3.00 (14th) Goals Against: 42
Shots per game: 32.71 (6th)
Shots against per game: 29.07 (10th)
Power Play: 9 for 49 - 18.4 % (Tied 12th)
Penalty Kill: 52 for 69- 75.4 % (26th)
Penalty Minutes: 215
Shorthanded Goals: 5 (Tied for league lead). Brandon Cutler has 2 shorthanded goals, including 1 on Nov. 20 vs KC.
Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 0. - Utah is 1 of 4 teams who have not allowed a shorthanded goal.
Record When Scoring First: 5-2.
First Goal Win Loss
Utah Grizzlies 5 2
Opposition 4 3
Team Leaders (2021-22 season)
Goals: Charle-Edouard D'Astous (10)
Assists: Trey Bradley (10)
Points: D'Astous (18)
Plus/Minus: D'Astous/Luke Martin (+13)
PIM: Andrew Nielsen (40)
Power Play Points: D'Astous (7)
Power Play Goals: D'Astous (4)
Power Play Assists: Luke Martin/D'Astous/Brandon Cutler/Mason Mannek (3).
Shots on Goal: Brian Bowen (57) - Leads League.
Shooting Percentage: Quinn Ryan (6 for 24). 25.0 %. - Minimum 24 shots
Game Winning Goals: 9 tied with 1.
Wins: Trent Miner (4).
Save %: Metcalf (.923).
Goals Against Average: Metcalf (2.04)
Scoring 1st 2nd 3rd OT SO TOTAL Shots 1st 2nd 3rd OT TOTAL
Utah Grizzlies 12 18 19 2 0 51 Utah Grizzlies 148 160 138 12 458
Opposition 13 12 17 0 0 42 Opposition 144 133 122 8 407
Next 5 Games
November 27, 2021 - Utah at Tulsa. 6:05 pm.
November 28, 2021 - Utah at Tulsa. 3:05 pm.
December 3, 2021 - Kalamazoo at Utah. 7:10 pm. - Pride Night, AFCU Friday.
December 4, 2021 - Kalamazoo at Utah. 7:10 pm. - Hispanic Heritage. Teddy Bear Toss. Mother Son Night.
December 6, 2021 - Kalamazoo at Utah. 7:10 pm.
All times Mountain
Active Streaks (2021-2022 Season)
Goal Streaks: Tyler Penner, Luke Martin, Brandon Cutler, Mason Mannek (1)
Assist Streaks: Bradley (5), Andrew Nielsen, Brandon Cutler (2) Mason Mannek, D'Astous (1)
Point Streaks of 2 or more: D'Astous (9), Cutler (7) Bradley (5). Boucher (4), Martin (3). Andrew Nielsen (2).
Multiple Point games (2021-2022)
5: Charle-Edouard D'Astous.
4: Trey Bradley, Brian Bowen.
3: Brandon Cutler.
2: Matthew Boucher, Luke Martin, Andrew Nielsen, Mason Mannek.
1: Tyler Penner, Luka Burzan, Neil Robinson, Gehrett Sargis, Bailey Conger.
The Amazing D'Astous
Charle-Edouard D'Astous had 2 goals and 2 assists last weekend vs Kansas City. He has a point in 10 straight games. D'Astous has scored in 12 of his 14 games this season, including 5 multiple point efforts. D'Astous is tied for the league lead with 10 goals. He is tied for the league lead in plus/minus among defenseman at +13 (He's tied with teammate Luke Martin at +13).
D'Astous Among League Leaders for Defenseman
Goals: 10 - leads league by a margin of 6.
Points: 18- 2nd place defenseman has 13.
Plus/Minus: +14 - Teammate Luke Martin is 2nd among defenseman at +13.
Shots on goal: 46 - Leads all defenseman by a margin of 7.
Grizzlies Hanging Out With the Shorties
Brandon Cutler scored shorthanded 18:34 into the first period last Saturday. The Grizz have 5 shorthanded goals this season which is tied with Newfoundland for the most in the league. Utah is 1 of 4 teams who have not allowed a shorthanded goal.
Nate Clurman Reassigned to Utah
Clurman was reassigned to Utah on November 20th and played in 2 games last weekend vs Kansas City. Clurman currently has an NHL Entry level contract with the Colorado Avalanche. Clurman has played in 8 games with Utah this season, scoring 1 goal and 1 assist and had a +4 rating. Clurman is in his first full season as a pro. He played his college hockey at Notre Dame. Clurman appeared in 9 games with the AHL's Colorado Eagles in the 2020-21 season.
Hunter Miska Reassigned to Colorado
The 26 year old Miska played in 2 games with Utah last weekend, saving 23 of 28 in a 5-2 loss on November 19th. He got the victory the next night as he saved 26 of 28 in Utah's 4-2 win.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.