Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo
Cincinnati, OH - Jet Greaves stood tall for Kalamazoo, making 29 saves to help Kalamazoo earn a 4-2 win, snapping the Cyclones three game winning streak.
Cincinnati is 9-6 skating into December; the club's busiest month of the 2021-22 ECHL season. The 'Clones will play 14 games in the month, with nine coming on the road. Kalamazoo has won six of its last eight, and improves to 8-5 on the year.
- Yushiroh Hirano got Cincy on the board over 14 minutes into the game. Wyatt Ege found Hirano on a right-to-left pass for a one-timer in the circle to give the 'Clones the game's first goal.
- The Wings retaliated with two late period goals. Zach Jordan intercepted a puck at the blue line in the Wings' defensive end, then raced down the ice for a breakaway, beating Cyclones' net minder Mat Robson to tie the game. In the final minute of the first, Justin Vaive was flagged for a slashing minor. Nine seconds later, Brendan Miller scored from atop the blue line.
- Kalamazoo added a pair of goals in the second period to go up 4-1, before Jason Tackett got Cincinnati back within two in the final minute of the second period. Tackett hammered a slap shot from the right circle to go through Greaves and get the West Chester, OH native his first professional goal.
- Breakaways from Hirano and Lukas Craggs came in the second period, but Greaves made saves on each opportunity. The Cyclones outshot the K-Wings by a 14-7 difference in the third, but Greaves again had the answers when called upon.
- Mat Robson made 15 saves, but fell to 7-4 on the season. The Cyclones return to play on Friday, when they open December on the road in Wheeling against the Nailers.
Stay tuned all season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.