Game Notes: at Wichita
GAME #15 at Wichita
11/27/21 | INTRUST Bank Arena | 7:05 P.M. CST
LAST TIME OUT: Stephen Baylis buried an overtime game-winner as the Rapid City Rush erased a two-goal third period deficit and came from behind to beat the Kansas City Mavericks, 4-3, Friday night at Cable Dahmer Arena. Gabe Chabot scored twice in the third period and had two goals and an assist to pace the Rapid City offense and Brett Gravelle netted a power play goal in the first. Lukas Parik made 29 saves on 32 shots to win his fourth consecutive start in the Rush net.
IN EXTRA TIME: Friday's game at Kansas City was the second-straight Rush game that has required overtime and the third in the past five games for Rapid City that has gone past regulation. The Rush are now 2-2 in games that need more than 60 minutes and 2-1 in games that are decided during the 3-on-3 overtime.
OUT OF OFFICE: Rapid City is two games into an eight-game road trip that will take place in four cities over the span of 12 days. The Rush will make stops in Wichita, Kansas City, Tulsa and Allen before returning home. Saturday marks the second of three games against Wichita during the trip; the Rush opened it up on Wednesday with a 2-1 overtime win over the Thunder. Rapid City is 2-0-0-0 on the trip thus far and 3-2-1-0 on the road overall.
BLUE LINE PRODUCTION: Rush rookie defenseman Tristan Thompson tallied an assist on the game-winning-goal on Friday, extending his point streak to five games. Thompson now owns the longest point streak by a Rush skater this season; he has one goal and five assists over the life of the streak. Thompson also leads Rush defenseman with eight points on the season as he has two goals and six assists in14 games thus far.
STRENGTH ON STRENGTH: Rapid City went 2-for-4 on the power play on Friday night, raising its power play percentage to 25.5%, the third-best in the ECHL. The Rush power play has excelled during road games as they lead the league with a 43.8% mark on the power play away from home. Wichita has the league's best penalty kill at 89.3%. In Rapid City's OT win against the Thunder on Wednesday, it went 1-for-3 on the power play.
ODDS AND ENDS: Gabe Chabot matched a Rapid City season-high with three points on Friday and now has six points in his last four games. He is tied for second on the team with 12 points...Stephen Baylis now leads the Rush with seven goals over 14 games. He has matched his career high in goals, set last season with seven in 43 games played...Rapid City has won back-to-back games for the first time this season...the Rush matched a season-high with two power play goals on Friday, the third time they have hit that mark and the first since November 5 in a 5-2 loss at Utah.
UP NEXT: The Rush will stay in Wichita to again face the Thunder on Sunday afternoon. Puck drop at INTRUST Bank Arena is scheduled for 4:05 PM CST.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 27, 2021
- Solar Bears Rally for 4-3 Shootout Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Simeone and Company Leads Utah to 3-1 Victory - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edged by Thunder, 6-4 - Rapid City Rush
- Bennett and Miura Extend Point Streaks in Defeat - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Score Twice in Final 13.9 Seconds to Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Almeida Amazing in Four-Goal Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Admirals Lose First OT Game of Season, Fall 4-3 in Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Komets Sneak Past Fuel on Marvel Super Hero Night - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Game in Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings' Breakaways Bounce Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Stunned by Rays in Final Frame - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aleardi's Two Goal Performance Melts Icemen in 3-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Jeri-Leon, Kallen Score First Pro Goals in Loss to Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- A Clean Sweep for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Royals Mount Comeback to Gain Overtime Point in 3-2 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - November 27 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: First Season Meeting with Tulsa at BOK Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder, Rush Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Idaho, 8:10 PM - Allen Americans
- Lions Looking to Sweep - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 27, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look to Rebound in Final Game of Series in Quebec, Claim Danick Paquette - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Host Stingrays for Weekend Rumble - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida Looks to Close Jacksonville Series with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Americans Fall in Overtime 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Aksiantsiuk Hat-Trick Steals Show in Steelheads 3-2 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Balanced Attack Pushes Thunder Past Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Lose to Thunder in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.